Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am (fingers crossed) going toget in to SOAS for 2016 study. I have already got an offer from Kings sohopefully as SOAS is my top choice.
    My question is this. I am 32years old, so obviously lived independently etc including internationally. Ihave heard from some Unis about being a part time accommodation warden (I'm notsure if that is the correct job title). Hold a master key, ask people to keepnoise down at night, answer / resolve issues etc In return they got reducedrent and were also remunerated.
    Please can you advice if SOAShas this option? When would the closing deadline be? I would be quiteinterested if they did this.

    Thank you
    • Thread Starter

    Well I will answer my own question. Yes, they are available contact the uni direct and they will giver you the number for the people they contract it out too. Also contact unite directly for London accommodation.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources


SOAS Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered SOAS ThreadsFind out what student life in London is really like in students' own wordsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other SOAS applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.