Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've recently applied to uni to study chemistry. Reading is likely to be my firm choice. One of the things I found very attractive about Reading was the amount of places to eat on campus, however, I can't find an example of a menu on the uni's website. Can anybody help? Also what are the typical prices for meals?

Thanks
    Emma
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaWelham)
    Hi

I've recently applied to uni to study chemistry. Reading is likely to be my firm choice. One of the things I found very attractive about Reading was the amount of places to eat on campus, however, I can't find an example of a menu on the uni's website. Can anybody help? Also what are the typical prices for meals?

Thanks
    Emma
    Hi,

It's great to hear you want to study at Reading! You won't be able to find a menu because the food changes everyday and you'll just have to walk into a place to eat to find out what there is!
    Normally there is a lot of option. You can get yourself a fresh stir fry everyday, a panini of your choice, a basic sandwhich or salad, or you can eat from the hot food selection. The hot food ranges from shepards pie, lasagne, fish and chips, soups, burgers, jacket potatoes, pasta dishes and more! There are also great desert options from jelly, fresh fruit, cakes, brownies, cookies and a giant selection of drinks.
    Meals start from £3.65 and go upwards depending on how much food you get! If you use the money on your campus card you also get a discount! It can get expensive if you aren't a catered student but otherwise it's really convienient to eat on campus.

Hope this helped, and feel free to ask anymore questions,
    Amelia, second year student studying history and archaeology

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.