Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British people and dating Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No more pep talks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellaaa)
    How about you stop generalising
    Says the person who set up the thread in the first place, generalising British people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care
    well dont ask the question if you dont want to be offended then. otherwise, jog on.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you are so stuck up your own asses. I don't find any of that attractive

ReputationRep:
    Some of you are so stuck up your own asses. I don't find any of that attractive
    good job none of us like u then isnt it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Show me what I said that is wrong then
    -Americans foreign policy is terrible they have constantly been at war for decades and they are hated around the world because of it.

It appears that you think America decides to go to war for the sheer hell of it, which is completely untrue. If you study the Cold War you'll realise that American foreign policy was generally geared towards stability, save for the Vietnam war perhaps where American involvement wasn't really warranted.
    For example, the Korean War was necessary to protect Japan, and mitigate Chinese hegemony within Asia. You also have to bear in mind that America was part of the completely new idea of the 'dual superpower complex', a phenomenon which had never occurred in history, and so naturally had to diverge from the traditional Westphalian model of diplomacy. How can you expect a country that historically anomalous to get everything right first time?

In regard to the second part of your question, if everyone hated countries because they were at war, then I don't imagine there would be a lot of constructive diplomacy in the world. Heck, if that premise holds true, how come everyone doesn't hate the UK, since we managed to invade God knows how many countries and bring them into a draconian empire?

-America has no culture whatsoever everyone knows that even Americans themselves.

How do you define culture? Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Hallowe'en are all American institutions that form part of their culture. Music wise, America has had a rich history of producing world-class musicians; I'm afraid that just because it's not classical, doesn't mean it doesn't have cultural value.

-American music may be influential but that is only because of the massive amount dollars behind these musicians.

The Star Wars franchise may be influential but that's only because of the massive amounts of dollars behind the production, toys sales, advertisement, and high grade actors. You can't bash something for being influential just because it's well funded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    good job none of us like u then isnt it
    Good luck with being a single mum and all

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with being a single mum and all
    got my own little family thanks, your the one in the dating game so why dont YOU enjoy being single

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACJHealy)
    Then do us all a favour and book the next flight back to whichever hole you came from. Pip pip, darling.
    in proper british style

pip pip! cheerio!

ReputationRep:
    Then do us all a favour and book the next flight back to whichever hole you came from. Pip pip, darling.
    Californiaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    Why are British people so conservative with issues such as multiple person dating? To the extent you get called a slut. This is a shocker. In America it doesn't really matter whether you're dating 5 men at once. It's only a ****ing date.
    You're "shocked" that girls who date "5 men" are called sluts? This is one of the major problems with American society. It is impossible to not be a "slut" and date so many people at once. If you wanted to date several people at once chances are you're either an attention whore or a "slut" who craves sexual attention from more than 1 male.

ReputationRep:
    You're all posting in a troll thread. OP is a windup merchant.

Pip pip? Who actually says that? Stop trying to act overly British.

ReputationRep:
    Daniella, girl. Why are you asking this forum full of kids and trolls?! You can't say British people as a whole are so conservative with dating because although there are the conservative few who are like "OMG whore alert", I am sure there are plenty who date many guys at the same time and people around them are okay with others doing the same. I don't think talking to someone and going on dates with a few guys is an issue, my friends have gone on dates with different guys when they're just like dates. You enjoy your dates my lovely, don't bother with these guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SereneEuphoria)
    Daniella, girl. Why are you asking this forum full of kids and trolls?! You can't say British people as a whole are so conservative with dating because although there are the conservative few who are like "OMG whore alert", I am sure there are plenty who date many guys at the same time and people around them are okay with others doing the same. I don't think talking to someone and going on dates with a few guys is an issue, my friends have gone on dates with different guys when they're just like dates. You enjoy your dates my lovely, don't bother with these guys
    You're so open minded and amaze balls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)

I knew he/she was a troll you know.:yes:

No doubt in my mind.

ReputationRep:
    You're so open minded and amaze balls
    Thank you! And don't let these guys irritate you about your life choices, it's YOUR life, be happy with everything that you do

ReputationRep:
    I'm a troll for asking such a basic,dumbfounded question which makes British people look ridiculously conservative and closed minded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ya Dunno Treize.)
    I knew he/she was a troll you know.:yes:

No doubt in my mind.
    Then don't bother posting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)

Another closed minded person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drumsticks)
    -Americans foreign policy is terrible they have constantly been at war for decades and they are hated around the world because of it.

It appears that you think America decides to go to war for the sheer hell of it, which is completely untrue. If you study the Cold War you'll realise that American foreign policy was generally geared towards stability, save for the Vietnam war perhaps where American involvement wasn't really warranted.
    For example, the Korean War was necessary to protect Japan, and mitigate Chinese hegemony within Asia. You also have to bear in mind that America was part of the completely new idea of the 'dual superpower complex', a phenomenon which had never occurred in history, and so naturally had to diverge from the traditional Westphalian model of diplomacy. How can you expect a country that historically anomalous to get everything right first time?

In regard to the second part of your question, if everyone hated countries because they were at war, then I don't imagine there would be a lot of constructive diplomacy in the world. Heck, if that premise holds true, how come everyone doesn't hate the UK, since we managed to invade God knows how many countries and bring them into a draconian empire?

-America has no culture whatsoever everyone knows that even Americans themselves.

How do you define culture? Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Hallowe'en are all American institutions that form part of their culture. Music wise, America has had a rich history of producing world-class musicians; I'm afraid that just because it's not classical, doesn't mean it doesn't have cultural value.

-American music may be influential but that is only because of the massive amount dollars behind these musicians.

The Star Wars franchise may be influential but that's only because of the massive amounts of dollars behind the production, toys sales, advertisement, and high grade actors. You can't bash something for being influential just because it's well funded.
    America is viewed negatively around the world everybody knows that. Much of this is to do with Americans foreign policy in many regions around the world. People also hate the UK but I am only responding to what she has said I am not talking about the UK here.

America has no culture this is widely known even by Americans themselves. You talk about Thanksgiving & 4th of July, let's be real here most Americans don't even know the history of these dates or even what they represent for example in this video

American music is mostly negative look at the hip hop music calling women *****es and ho's, talking about killing black people and calling black people the n word. It's not just hip hop music either majority of it represents materialism and the lack of values that is in America especially. These people for the most part have very little values and that comes from a lack of any culture.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.