member1753327
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yo, wannabe bankers.

I have received my firm choice being Warwick University. I have also received 2 other offers, which I am hoping to put for insurance. These offers are:
BA Economics and Finance (BA is a concern) - Manchester University
BSc Industrial Economics - Nottingham University

Exactly the same grade entry requirements.

What would you choose between those two universities?

Also I am likely to receive an offer for the IMB degree at UCL. It is heavily tailored towards IT, and its AAB, should I still insure the econ degree? but my main concern is between notts and manny

peace out
Breakingbank
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
doing an economics degree is not at all necessary to become a banker, so if you'd rather do IMB at UCL - go for it.. but I would choose Nottingham over Manchester, the campus is better, a more respectable uni (imo) and ayeee industrial economics is a sick course - heard great things about it (notts industrial econ was my firm choice but didnt get in)

anyways both are semi targets and great unis so won't matter much between them so its up to you, thats just my opinion^
member1753327
Rep:
?
cheers for the opinion, still looking for opinions.

Its now BA Economics and Finance at Manchester uni or Bsc Industrial Economics at Nottingham

Need more opinions to make my final decision
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by member1753327)
cheers for the opinion, still looking for opinions.

Its now BA Economics and Finance at Manchester uni or Bsc Industrial Economics at Nottingham

Need more opinions to make my final decision
Course wise:
Notts > Mancs > UCL

Brand name wise:
UCL > Notts > Mancs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ronda Rousey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by member1753327)
Yo, wannabe bankers.

I have received my firm choice being Warwick University. I have also received 2 other offers, which I am hoping to put for insurance. These offers are:
BA Economics and Finance (BA is a concern) - Manchester University
BSc Industrial Economics - Nottingham University

Exactly the same grade entry requirements.

What would you choose between those two universities?

Also I am likely to receive an offer for the IMB degree at UCL. It is heavily tailored towards IT, and its AAB, should I still insure the econ degree? but my main concern is between notts and manny

peace out
Is it Econ at Warwick?

If you dont mind doing IMB, assuming you get the offer there, I would make IMB at UCL your insurance. That way you know you'll still have a place at a target uni. For IB, uni prestige is more important than the course you do.

The gap between the numbers the target unis get in (Warw, UCL) and the semi-targets (Manc, Notts) is quite large.

Between Notts and Manc, Notts is better overall for IB.
member1753327
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ronda Rousey)
Is it Econ at Warwick?

If you dont mind doing IMB, assuming you get the offer there, I would make IMB at UCL your insurance. That way you know you'll still have a place at a target uni. For IB, uni prestige is more important than the course you do.

The gap between the numbers the target unis get in (Warw, UCL) and the semi-targets (Manc, Notts) is quite large.

Between Notts and Manc, Notts is better overall for IB.
International management at warwick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads