Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am an EU national studying Economics (BSc) in UK, having received an UK governmental loan for 3 years. I would like to continue my studies in the UK in a postgraduate programme. Am I entitled to apply for a postgraduate loan for a master?
    Thank you.
    • Official TSR Representative
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Hi

    From the 2016/17 Academic Year (AY), we will be offering loan support of up to £10,000 (per student) for postgraduate Master's courses.
    This change will be for SFE students and EU students domiciled in England only.
    Thanks
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Thank you, Mark.
    How would you interpret the statement: "If you’re an EU national, but don’t normally live in England you may be able to get a Postgraduate Loan for a Master’s course at a university or college in England.", which I found it at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...graduate-Loans.
    Thanks again.
    • Official TSR Representative
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Hi again

    It just means if you are an EU national you may be able to get a postgraduate loan.

    Thanks
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Thank you, Mark.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hi
    What do you know about the interest rate(rpi+3%) of new postgraduate loan.? I wish to know the overall interest rate.also,the deadlines of application

    Thanks,
    Panos from greece
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark,

    I started my Part Time Masters in 2015 and have paid this year's tuition with a PCDL. Am I eligible to pay for the second year with a Postgrad loan?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark

    Will postgraduate law students studying the Legal Practice Course (LPC) and the LLM LPC offered by some law schools be eligible for the postgraduate student loan?
    • Official TSR Representative
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fidelio9)
    Hi
    What do you know about the interest rate(rpi+3%) of new postgraduate loan.? I wish to know the overall interest rate.also,the deadlines of application

    Thanks,
    Panos from greece
    Hi

    That is the correct interest rate- RPI + 3%. Currently the RPI is 0.9% so total interest 3.9% but this may change.
    The applications have not been released yet and there is no deadline announced for the postgraduate loans yet.

    Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heatherrh)
    Hi Mark,

    I started my Part Time Masters in 2015 and have paid this year's tuition with a PCDL. Am I eligible to pay for the second year with a Postgrad loan?
    Hi

    Postgraduate loans will be available for postgraduate Master's courses only starting on or after 1 August 2016.

    Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrichman88)
    Hi Mark

    Will postgraduate law students studying the Legal Practice Course (LPC) and the LLM LPC offered by some law schools be eligible for the postgraduate student loan?
    Hi

    I would advise you to speak with your place of study. We do not have confirmation of what courses will be eligible.

    Thanks
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.