Hindus and Sikhs: Would you marry a Muslim? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I know that according to Islam, Sikhs and Hindus must convert to Islam in order for them to get married to Muslims. But what about the Muslims that do not expect conversion? Would you be happy doing it? Also, would your parents be happy too?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
There's generally no chance for anything long term.
Muslims have a bad reputation for conversion, tbf.

Islam is an abrahamic religion (with Judaism and Christianity), and share more beliefs with them than the Hindu Branch (Sikhism, Jainism, Buddhism etc).

If you were anywhere near religious, having kids would be a problem, again because of the rigidity of the prayer system in Islam, as well as different beliefs on the two certain things: death, and (if you are theistic) God.

Hindus have many Gods, and believe in the soul being reincarnated, whilst Islam believes in an afterlife with your physical form (if i'm not mistaken)

TL;DR- Bad blood, cultural values and religious beliefs are different
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
In addition to the above, I would find it too hard as a result of the above, and my parents will just disown me if I did.
Bealzibub
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ofcourse majority will say no, same if it was other way around, most muslims would say no too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (41)
21.13%
Labour (93)
47.94%
Liberal Democrats (22)
11.34%
Green Party (15)
7.73%
Brexit Party (1)
0.52%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.55%
SNP (5)
2.58%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.52%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (3)
1.55%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)