Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you buy PS3 games on PS4 store? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I haven't had a console since the good old PS2.

I would get a PS4 but I've heard that you can't play PS3 games on it, and there are so many PS3 games that I want to play that it's making me want to buy a PS3 instead.
    However, can you buy all of the PS3 games on the PS4 online store?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Moved to gaming.

ReputationRep:
    The store is the same. You can buy PS4, PS3, Vita, PSP games whether you're using one of those consoles to access the store, your phone, or your computer.

However you would need the console in question to play the game on the console it's for.

If you're asking if you had a PS4, could you buy PS3 games on it (and PS1 games, since the PS3 plays those too), then later get a PS3 and play those games on it, yes you can, assuming you're using the same account.

There's Playstation Now which can be used for streaming games, but that requires good internet and a subscription or renting games, you would be far better off just getting the console in question, especially since they're about the value of one PS4 game now.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Like what the above user said, you can play some PS3 games via a streaming service called PlayStation Now. I think you pay monthly for it, or you can rent a game for a limited period of time.

ReputationRep:
    Playstation Now is quite expensive really, in terms of the games they have to offer too, might as well get a PS3 i'd say
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by passivepineapple)
    Hi,

I haven't had a console since the good old PS2.

I would get a PS4 but I've heard that you can't play PS3 games on it, and there are so many PS3 games that I want to play that it's making me want to buy a PS3 instead.
    However, can you buy all of the PS3 games on the PS4 online store?
    The PlayStation store is universal across the newer consoles.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.