Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Nottingham Law Applicants 2016 Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    My friend got an offer this year for law at Notts with a prediction on only AAA instead of A*AA and he got 25 on his lnat. However his offer was still the standard A*AA. I wonder how lenient they would be on him on results day if he only gets AAA? I also know of people who have been predicted A*AA and been given an offer at Notts with 21 in the lnat.
    I myself got 27 in lnat and have got an offer from Notts in November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    ah thats a relief i guess xD and i applied to Warwick, Edinburgh, Leeds and Southampton. Manchester uni gave me an offer but im yet to hear from the rest. I think its because i applied on the 15th of Jan. It was all really rushed tbh lol
    no worries, I applied on the 13th good luck with your other choices, they are all amazing universities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    My friend got an offer this year for law at Notts with a prediction on only AAA instead of A*AA and he got 25 on his lnat. However his offer was still the standard A*AA. I wonder how lenient they would be on him on results day if he only gets AAA? I also know of people who have been predicted A*AA and been given an offer at Notts with 21 in the lnat.
    I have 24 so I think I have to wait and see! Some people on TSR claim that 25 is the cut-off score but it is not a fact so I have to wait for the decision

Congrats on your offer btw!!!

ReputationRep:
    is LNAT really that important in case of Nottingham? Like... there are ppl with 21 from LNAT who got offers at Durham... a girl who graduated from my school last year had 24 and got and interview at Oxford... there has to be some hope out there ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmecatherine)
    is LNAT really that important in case of Nottingham? Like... there are ppl with 21 from LNAT who got offers at Durham... a girl who graduated from my school last year had 24 and got and interview at Oxford... there has to be some hope out there ????
    someone should call them and learn the cut-off score !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asgunsur)
    someone should call them and learn the cut-off score !
    I've attended their open day and from what the admission tutor said, the cut off score is anything under 20 and they are looking for good essay structure and constructive argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayčun)
    I've attended their open day and from what the admission tutor said, the cut off score is anything under 20 and they are looking for good essay structure and constructive argument.
    good! I love that they are also taking essay into cosideration, as I've heard few unis do not even read them. What in your opinion makes a good essay? I think it went well for me but I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    good! I love that they are also taking essay into cosideration, as I've heard few unis do not even read them. What in your opinion makes a good essay? I think it went well for me but I may be wrong.
    Well, it has to relate to the chosen topic, some broad knowledge, good structure(intro, 2 paragraphs, conclusion), decent grammar, spelling and punctuation. I would've said that my essay went alright until I've realised that I've spelt instills-installs. 😂😂 I am at the mercy of the admission tutor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayčun)
    Well, it has to relate to the chosen topic, some broad knowledge, good structure(intro, 2 paragraphs, conclusion), decent grammar, spelling and punctuation. I would've said that my essay went alright until I've realised that I've spelt instills-installs. 😂😂 I am at the mercy of the admission tutor.
    My mistake is rather similar, I couldn't recall if "aborigines" or "aborigenes" is a correct form so I kept writing "indigenous people of Australia"... probably looked super weird as I couldn't paraphrase it with the word aborigines . Having shared this anecdote: Don't be so harsh on yourself It's not a big mistake considering you must have been stressed out at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    I actually haven't done AS. I'll be sitting them alongside my A levels this may/june. I'm predicted A*AAA (Maths, eng lang, history, geo respectively.) what about you?
    Ahh that's a wild way of doing them:L Good luck though! And I obtained ABBC at AS, not great, so I'm resitting a few this year! Predicted AAAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    Smashed it

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer on Jan 6th

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how likely you are to be accepted by Nottingham with AAA on results day but with an offer for A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jra97)
    I got an offer on Jan 6th
    congrats! may i ask when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jra97)
    does anyone know how likely you are to be accepted by Nottingham with AAA on results day but with an offer for A*AA
    I would also like to know this😃 If anyone knows or has past experience could you please let me know? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    congrats! may i ask when did you apply?
    Thank you and September 20th I was waiting a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jra97)
    Thank you and September 20th I was waiting a while
    well, they certainly made you wait a while! considering I sent mine on 20th of Nov, they may as well give me an answer in march

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted AAA and haven't heard back from Nottingham either but I only got 21 on my LNAT so..... rejection I'm guessing. Haven't heard back from Bristol either and Notts and Bristol are my firm and insurance so don't worry, you could be me

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know of have any experience into how lenient Nottingham would be if I were to get A*AB instead of A*AA as I have an offer but I fear I may end up with a B

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.