The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Law Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else STILL not heard back?!! Do I call them?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Unihelp007
Anyone else STILL not heard back?!! Do I call them?

Haven't heard back either, thinking about withdrawing
Original post by Sajabajax

Wihdrawing? Why?
Ps; Haven't heard back either...
Hello everyone,

Received an unconditional offer from Nottingham.
Original post by Sajabajax

Original post by itsmecatherine
Wihdrawing? Why?Ps; Haven't heard back either...

I withdrew from them, because I had already received my first choice and insurance offers and I was tired of waiting for them. The fact that some people STILL haven't heard back makes me wonder if I'd still be waiting if I hadn't have withdrawn...
Original post by Pythian
Hello everyone,

Received an unconditional offer from Nottingham.

Congrats! Do you mind me asking what you got for gcse's,AS and a level predictions? If you haven't already got your a2 results:biggrin:
Original post by connieiscrazy
I withdrew from them, because I had already received my first choice and insurance offers and I was tired of waiting for them. The fact that some people STILL haven't heard back makes me wonder if I'd still be waiting if I hadn't have withdrawn...

In the same situation now, can't really see much point in waiting
I am in year 12 atm what advice would you give to someone thinking about applying to Nottingham for Law?
Original post by SuperHuman98
I am in year 12 atm what advice would you give to someone thinking about applying to Nottingham for Law?

Well I am in huge doubt I will receive my offer, but I hope you will find this helpful despite that...
First of all, remeber the LNAT's importance tbh. At least try to prepare yourself to get at least lnat's average or above 20 points, which I believe is their cut off score.
Also, collect achievements for perfect personal statement. My friend got an offer from LSE and Notts having average lnat score and low predicted, but with a month of work for local law firm and visiting the court for hearings etc. I got the same experience as her and also lot of voluntary activities like tutoring the kids, money raising, organizing charity actions in my school etc and my teacher was mad I didn't apply to Oxbridge (lol If she only knew about my LNAT score... )
And at the and I would just like to add that in my opinion UCAS is a huge lottery and somehow you may be rejected because of nothing particularly. My brother got an offer for Cambridge, but a rejection from Edinburgh.... sick...
Original post by connieiscrazy

Oh hi there. Congrats on Durham ! :smile:

I have ixed feelings about Nottingham. I made a thread but I don't think anyone noticed :frown:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3928853
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Congrats! Do you mind me asking what you got for gcse's,AS and a level predictions? If you haven't already got your a2 results:biggrin:

Hi there.

Thank you very much. I am uncertain about Nottingham - having spent the last couple of years out of education!! I did a Cert of High Education in Legal Methods and got a distinction. I got a 30 in my LNAT.

I have been reading how Nottingham are purportedly very strict with grade classifications and don't award many first or 2:1.

:frown:
Reply 51
Original post by AbigailGoldberg
I'm predicted AAA and haven't heard back from Nottingham either but I only got 21 on my LNAT so..... rejection I'm guessing. Haven't heard back from Bristol either and Notts and Bristol are my firm and insurance so don't worry, you could be me :frown:

have you heard back yet from Nottingham?:smile:
Reply 52
Is Nottingham better for law or Bristol? Could someone please tell me what the student life is like at each of these places? And how rigorous is the course at each of these universities? Additionally, how are Nottingham and Bristol as cities? Given a choice between the two, what should one pick and why?
lol is anyone still waiting or it's just me :angry: ???
Reply 54
lol is anyone still waiting or it's just me :angry: ???

Seems like we are in the same boat. 😂
Original post by Ayčun

Haven't heard either!
Original post by Ayčun

well, this is some kind of a blessing in disguise, that I am not the only one :wink: But srsly though, my patience is running low....
Does anyone have any idea if they have been giving out offers recently?
well, this is some kind of a blessing in disguise, that I am not the only one :wink: But srsly though, my patience is running low....

I got an offer in November... But I know quite a few people on here who got offers about 3/4 weeks ago

I'm waiting too!! Really getting angry now....all my accommodation is going for the other place I have an offer for but am still waiting for Nottingham!!!! Isn't right were waiting this long is it?
Original post by Unihelp007
I'm waiting too!! Really getting angry now....all my accommodation is going for the other place I have an offer for but am still waiting for Nottingham!!!! Isn't right were waiting this long is it?

Still waiting too, it's the only uni remaining and it's the one I really want to go to but it seems unlikely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending