Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you kiss on a first date? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you kiss on a first date?
    Yes
    69.46%
    No
    30.54%

ReputationRep:
    Woahh TSR, slow down.

ReputationRep:
    Generally speaking, I smersh on the 1st date, never mind kiss (and if we don't kiss, there's virtually never a 2nd date)

(Original post by Xmas lover)
    Parties happen so we can have fun, and then are ruined by people trying to kiss you
    Perhaps stick to book clubs and knitting circles if you're not into 'teenage kicks'

I find it creepy and irritating when people who don't know me and have never talked to me hit on me just because I have boobs. It's demeaning
    (Original post by rachellyh)
    the accuracy of this
    Would you prefer to live in a world in which males had no sex drive e.g. no-one ever got laid? No? Didn't think so. 'Boys will be boys', and for that, methinks, they can be forgiven (that is, once they've been 'taught not to rape' etc) :rolleyes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes but kissing is as far as I would go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If I have the feeling to kiss my first date, - and I know the date would that too - I do it then.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes have, sometimes haven't. Deponds on da date. :date:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeninetytwo)
    Sometimes have, sometimes haven't. Deponds on da date. :date:
    Yeah, that is true. But as a rule people who are dating each other for the first time have not such a strong emotional attraction to kiss.

ReputationRep:
    When I go on dates I don't usually kiss on the first date as I felt that it makes me look 'easy'.

But my friend said that it's a bad idea, as apparently it shows you're not interested if you don't kiss on the first date? I do explicitly mention that I don't tend to kiss on the first date if the other person hints at the possibility, not that I just bring it up out of nowhere

:confused:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Omg, how did you know?
    A true magician never reveals his secret

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it felt right in the moment then yes I would. Otherwise I'd think it was rushing into things

ReputationRep:
    If it feels right then sure. Usually kiss on the second date though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mate, would even go tongues outs :tong:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't no

ReputationRep:
    It's just kissing :dontknow:
    • TSR Support Team

If I liked them enough at the end of the date then yes.

ReputationRep:
    It depends if I like them or not and how they feel about it, if I like them and I think they like me, I see nothing wrong with leaning in for a kiss when you're saying good bye lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm alarmed at the number of people suggesting they would not. Back when i was on the prowl, i'd be getting off with a girl within 15 minutes of meeting her (the first date so to speak).

If you want the girl you desire, you must take your prize with both hands.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Yeah mate, would even go tongues outs :tong:
    So when's the date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Generally speaking, I smersh on the 1st date, never mind kiss (and if we don't kiss, there's virtually never a 2nd date)

Perhaps stick to book clubs and knitting circles if you're not into 'teenage kicks'

Would you prefer to live in a world in which males had no sex drive e.g. no-one ever got laid? No? Didn't think so. 'Boys will be boys', and for that, methinks, they can be forgiven (that is, once they've been 'taught not to rape' etc) :rolleyes:
    That's my point dumbo! Guy s just come up to me at parties and grab my waist or butt. It's harsh!

ReputationRep:
    Yes.... it's just a kiss lol. Why do people make it out to be a big deal? :/

ReputationRep:
    That's my point dumbo!
    Hurt feels :sad:

Guys just come up to me at parties and grab my waist or butt. It's harsh!
    On behalf of all such apes, please allow me to make amends - quite happy to kiss it better..

:popout:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.