Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it allowable for a Christian to eat halal food? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it allowable for a Christian to eat halal food?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifmtg)
    Is it allowable for a Christian to eat halal food?
    Why would it not be?

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious right now? I'm 99.9% sure you are trolling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    Why would it not be?
    I am asking

ReputationRep:
    Nah bro dont do it! One bite and you burst into flames
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    Why would it not be?
    Beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifmtg)
    I am asking
    Well halal is just a method which pertains to how the animal is slaughtered. (as far as I know).

So why would Christians have an issue with the way animals are slaughtered for halal?

ReputationRep:
    bruh... you do realise that Muslims love Jesus just like Christians do so I don't see the problem - why wouldn't it be allowed?...

you're just getting extra blessings on dat chicken

ReputationRep:
    It's fine as long as you don't actually believe that it is better to eat the halal meat or that it has any special properties. Treat as just regular meat, nothing special, and you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    ''What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." Matthew 15:11

For this reason most Christian groups do not have many dietary restrictions unlike Muslims, Jews, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists and Hindus.

ReputationRep:
    well ur not islamaphobic at all
    (Original post by Ekno)
    Nah bro dont do it! One bite and you burst into flames

ReputationRep:
    This is not a troll, I have no idea what a troll is.

I am asking because I want to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    well ur not islamaphobic at all
    didnt mean it to be islamaphobic, but I guess we are in a society where everyone gets butt hurt about everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    ''What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." Matthew 15:11

For this reason most Christian groups do not have many dietary restrictions unlike Muslims, Jews, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists and Hindus.
    The quote from Matthew could so easily be a double entendre. Maybe this a subliminal message that the bible supports homosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    It would come under "do not worship false idols" if were being serious here. No one cares about christian beliefs in the uk though.

ReputationRep:
    halal meat is no diff from normal meat- same calories, protein, nutrients
    it's just we bless it because for us it's a way to be grateful for the food on our plate, like how you are required to be baptised to be welcomed to ur relegion .... reply if u wanna see an awesome video 2 do with this topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifmtg)
    This is not a troll, I have no idea what a troll is.

I am asking because I want to know
    :troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)
    didnt mean it to be islamaphobic, but I guess we are in a society where everyone gets butt hurt about everything
    no actually i'm not butthurt, i'm stating the obvious. I don't take it as a joke, and if you're being sarcastic- work on it
    are u rlly that pathetic... flames? grow up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    no actually i'm not butthurt, i'm stating the obvious. I don't take it as a joke, and if you're being sarcastic- work on it
    are u rlly that pathetic... flames? grow up
    hahahah the whole thread is a joke and yet you come trying to throw shade in order to get the moral high ground, go **** yourself

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of Christians I know are happy to eat halal meat, and I do not believe the Church has taken a position against it. However, some Christians do, it seems, regard it as idolatory. As with most issues of religion it comes down to your personal interpretation of a millenia-old book and your own moral standing - do you regard Allah, the Muslim conception of God similar to the Christian one being from a fellow Abrahamic religion, as a different or misguided description of your God, or a different and false entity/idol altogether? And if the latter, do you believe that eating meat ritually sacrificed to Allah by others counts as idolatory itself, or that there is no issue so long as you do not perform the ritual yourself or believe it to be of any significance?

(Personally, I'm a Christian and I don't have an issue with halal meat).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.