Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my names Alexis,
    I am in my 3rd year of my computing degree at DeMontford Uni Leicester. I have been working my ass off to achieve first class honours. Im thinking of doing a masters degree (postgraduate) at a higher ranking uni such as Imperial, Oxford, etc. Do you think they would accept students who attained a degree at a low ranking uni?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately people on here put alot of importance to university rankings. In the real world no one gives a crap unless of course you went to Cambridge or Oxford.

I dont see why they wouldnt accept you provided you get a first or 2:1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALEXIS120)
    Hey, my names Alexis,
    I am in my 3rd year of my computing degree at DeMontford Uni Leicester. I have been working my ass off to achieve first class honours. Im thinking of doing a masters degree (postgraduate) at a higher ranking uni such as Imperial, Oxford, etc. Do you think they would accept students who attained a degree at a low ranking uni?
    hi. hope you don't mind me asking..I've got an offer from de montfort for computer science but can't decide on it. How is dmu in your experience? And Leicester itself? Oh and are placements easy to find? It's cool to get an opinion from someone who actually studies in dmu!

p.s. will truly appreciate your help. thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.