Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Oh no!! Thats was awful!! Lol

Oooo.. I'm really confused now? Perhaps we're talking about two different things. I meant should I put down just the modules in course details or what we did in the modules for the Girton application..?

Lol.. sorry I prob confused you..
    Oops yeah we're on about different things. I'm going to ask a teacher of mine about the form thing, and get back to you if you want. Sorry about that <gnng>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Oops yeah we're on about different things. I'm going to ask a teacher of mine about the form thing, and get back to you if you want. Sorry about that <gnng>
    That would be great! Thanks
    My school has absolutley no experience with Cambridge so they'd be useless..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    That would be great! Thanks
    My school has absolutley no experience with Cambridge so they'd be useless..
    Raaa so you would be the first Cambridge applicant?

Haven't sent mine off yet Elle, I'm stumped on the bit about the choice of course. I want to study Maths, and at Cambridge. They are coincidental to me, the actual Cambridge Maths course hasn't swayed me one way or another :confused:
    Also the bit on the main things we studied, didn't I already cover that in the module results bit???
    I think Cambridge will expect you to have studied their tripos system in some depth and to mention it in your CAF - I doubt they will be very impressed by a candidate who has not researched their course and therefore feels instinctively it will be the right one for them, rather than someone who want to do Maths at Cambridge - they will question 'well then why not Maths anywhere?'
    Not a criticism per se but hopefully a constructive observation.
    P.

ReputationRep:
    Raaa so you would be the first Cambridge applicant?
    Maybe not the first.. lol.. but perhaps only one of a handful (!?)

(Original post by Elle)
    Maybe not the first.. lol.. but perhaps only one of a handful (!?)
    Are you applying under Special Access Scheme then?
    P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Are you applying under Special Access Scheme then?
    P.
    I don't think I qualify because I've had family go to Uni and my school does encourage students to go to Uni..

(Original post by Elle)
    I don't think I qualify because I've had family go to Uni and my school does encourage students to go to Uni..
    Although the last candidate at my school for Cambridge did not have anyone in family gone to uni, she applied under special access because our school had hardly sent anyone to Cambridge even though over 80% went into higher education.

ReputationRep:
    Although the last candidate at my school for Cambridge did not have anyone in family gone to uni, she applied under special access because our school had hardly sent anyone to Cambridge even though over 80% went into higher education.
    Ooo.. perhaps its worth checking out then

(Original post by Elle)
    Ooo.. perhaps its worth checking out then
    Good idea - I think the check list for sa is on an 'or' basis rather than 'and'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holls)
    Hey Haz am an arch and anth applicant also, for Clare college,
    big up the A&A crew!!!
    Any pointers for the interviews would be greatly welcomed, i haven't heard when mine is yet so am just a little bit nervous, hope to see you around in 2004,
    Holly :-)
    Sorry Holl, only just noticed this thread! Interview pointers;

Read around all 3 subjects - soc anth, bio anth and archaeology - you never know what they will ask you about (although the content of a test or essays is a good starting point)

Be able to talk confidently about everything in your personal statement

Be yourself

Relax!

Being natural is the most important point - it supports everything else and will be the edge you need! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Good idea - I think the check list for sa is on an 'or' basis rather than 'and'.
    Found out it was on an "and" basis.. oh well

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.