ReputationRep:

Blasphemy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy11)
    There I said it

Couldn't agree more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    I'm so jealous. Don't be meh and go on and dive in to the magical world. You won't regret it. At least read philosophers stone and see if you like it.

Also, read the books before watching the films. It's the best way to get the most 'magic' out of it and to imagine for yourself rather than being tainted by the films' representation
    I disagree, it's always better to watch something first then read it. If you read it first, you're only going to be left disappointed at all the things the film leaves out or changes. Watch it first, then read it to explore it in more depth and fill in the gaps.

ReputationRep:
    That's your opinion...loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    I disagree, it's always better to watch something first then read it. If you read it first, you're only going to be left disappointed at all the things the film leaves out or changes. Watch it first, then read it to explore it in more depth and fill in the gaps.
    If you watch a film before you read a book that will undoubtedly stunt your ability to imagine for yourself. You will be thinking of the scenes in terms of how they were presented in the film AND you will know what the outcome is. It is not completely redundant to read a book post-film but it is certainly a less enjoyable experience than reading it pre-film.

In terms of Harry Potter films- there are some disappointments because the films simply had to leave some stuff out. But there is no way I would do it the other way round (i.e. film before book) if I had the choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy11)
    There I said it

Have you got an actual argument to support this statement? Or are you just trolling.

ReputationRep:
    harry potter is amazing if it wasn't for harry potter id have to resort to normal pickup lines. bleh

Mind if I Weasley my way into your pants?

I don't need aguamenti to make you wet!

Come on, let's do it Hippogriff style
    I may be a muggle, but the things I can do in bed are magical!
    If i were a sorting hat, I'd put you in my house!
    Baby, you don't need defense against my dark arts.
    One night with me and they'll be calling you MOANING Myrtle.
    If I were to look into the Mirror of Erised, I'd see the two of us together.
    I may not speak parseltongue but if you let me Slytherin to your bed I can show you what my tongue can really do!
    Is that a wand in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
    I may not be Harry Potter, but I can be your chosen one

Personally the mirror one is my favourite

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.