Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been approached by a stranger? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    as the title says; have you ever been approached/hit on by a stranger?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately no . Not irl anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yep at freshers tho so it wasn't the same as it happening in the street.

2 drunk women called me fit by shouting across the street at me once as well when I was walking in town at night, but I'm not sure if that counts.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Cat calling occasionally yes, but face to face being approached, no.

People can be such igits sometimes.. like can u not :erm::erm:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It's happen a lot in London

ReputationRep:
    By a couple of very drunk hen parties

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting for my mate in a hidden bit a minute walk away from college two years ago. Then some guy who seemed in his 20s walked towards me and asked me for my number. i lied saying i didn't have a phone and then he asked if i had fb i was like er do1. Then he said will you walk me down there (an alley way where no one goes :eek:) and i just walked off. what a creep.

Other times when guys look like they may approach me i give them a stern look haha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That is the world of online dating. So yes I have
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it happened a lot at college and a few times while in the pub.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Some weird guy approached me when I was out running a few months ago. He couldn't understand why, I, a lone female, wasn't too please. ****. He actually wanted a relationship with me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I was alone on the train and this Pakistani man starting talking to me asked me if the tickets have seat numbers on them, I was like 'no, if you've reserved a seat then it would' he went down the aisle and came back to me after five minutes and began asking me about my life etc. I was bored and stupid enough to talk to him so I just answered his questions. He then asked for my number, I was like why? he said "I like you, your beauty is in your simplicity'. Moral of the story - don't talk to strangers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ¬_¬ Londoners are so horny
    this random guy tried to kiss me

I told him repeatedly to leave me alone for the whole 5 mins he was walking next to me and talking to me
    eventually threatening to call the cops if he didn't leave me alone
    but clearly that was not enough

well he did leave me alone tbf... only after he got what he wanted :cry2:

I blocked the kiss though and almost ripped his mouth off :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, am I dude, but it does happen though.

Especially since I reside in London.

I get hit on by gay dudes though!

But I don't swing that way.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yep, usually wanting to sell me drugs or effect la petite mort via oral gymnastics for the low low cost of the contents of my wallet and the last of my dignity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Yeah ¬_¬ Londoners are so horny
    this random guy tried to kiss me

I told him repeatedly to leave me alone for the whole 5 mins he was walking next to me and talking to me
    eventually threatening to call the cops if he didn't leave me alone
    but clearly that was not enough

well he did leave me alone tbf... only after he got what he wanted :cry2:

I blocked the kiss though and almost ripped his mouth off :lol:
    A similar thing happened to me too It was some drunk/high dude. He began asking for directions so I was telling him where to go - that's when he came unusually close AND ALMOST TOUCHED MY FACEI moved away fast and asked him what the hell he was doing. He began saying some really freaky crap. I took my phone out and threatened to take pictures of him and report him to the police - that's when he turned around and walked away.

I was so angry, I wanted to hunt him down after I properly processed what had just happened.

Did he kiss you? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_and_ice)
    A similar thing happened to me too It was some drunk/high dude. He began asking for directions so I was telling him where to go - that's when he came unusually close AND ALMOST TOUCHED MY FACEI moved away fast and asked him what the hell he was doing. He began saying some really freaky crap. I took my phone out and threatened to take pictures of him and report him to the police - that's when he turned around and walked away.

I was so angry, I wanted to hunt him down after I properly processed what had just happened.

Did he kiss you? :zomg:
    He came telling me something happened to my brother so I freaked out and he was talking to me and after asking a few questions I saw through his ******** and stopped talking to him but he continued to talk to me, calling me pretty, asking how old I was, if I had a boyfriend etc. etc. I was ignoring him but when he didn't leave I told him to **** off or I'll call the cops
    Didn't do anything for him
    He was really tall and big - mustve been like over 6ft he just stood infront of me and towered over me I couldn't see anything he started hugging me and I kind retracted but he grabbed me and started leaning in when I grabbed his mouth and squeezed as hard as I could x'D (got all his spit on my hand ¬_¬ yeugh)
    My friend started calling me constantly because she didn't know why I was running late for class and that mustve scared him off
    He ran off in the other direction as fast as he could and I was just like
    :eek: ***** YOU KISS ME AND RUN OFF?!
    So I was swearing at him from the other side of the road as he was running away x'D

And that was that shook me up a bit for a few weeks but after not seeing him again for a while I was fine :3

ReputationRep:
    Once when I went on holiday to Cornwall, I was sitting on a secluded beach staring at the sea and this girl came and sat next to me and spoke to me for a bit, she said she loved just sitting in the middle of nowhere and taking in the scenery, which I love doing to, but I was really awkward as I always am and failed to really respond to her questions in a normal or interesting way so after about ten minutes, she said it was nice to meet me and left...

Also when I first started living in a city, this old guy came up to me and started asking me questions about myself and I was really naive and so answered his questions rather than walking away, until he asked 'dya wanna shag?', at which point I did walk away, then he started following for like five minutes asking me to come and get a coffee with, fortunately he eventually left me alone.

ReputationRep:
    Many times

ReputationRep:
    I was walking home once and a guy started cruising beside me, then parked, got out of his car and asked me if I wanted a ride home. I'd never seen him before in my life so obviously said no and he just left and walked off in another direction, definitely an odd encounter lol

If we're including clubs / pubs, of course. If we're talking on the street ... once or twice, yes.

I evidently just radiate awesomeness.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.