Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cilla_e)
    Hii did anyone get a chance to see city side accomodation?

If so how was it, how big were the rooms?
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was open to view yesterday. Also, I have read online that it is fully booked (as it is run in partnership with a company that allocated rooms there for students from all the Leeds unis, so I guess it operates on a first come first served basis unlike the uni's accommodation?) Although I might be wrong about this as it is still listed on the uni website so I'd check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah117)
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was open to view yesterday. Also, I have read online that it is fully booked (as it is run in partnership with a company that allocated rooms there for students from all the Leeds unis, so I guess it operates on a first come first served basis unlike the uni's accommodation?)
    I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the uni of Leeds is in partnership with another company and has been allocated a certain amount of rooms. So the fully booked probably refers to the rooms which have been sold by the company and not the uni. Hope that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was open to view yesterday. Also, I have read online that it is fully booked (as it is run in partnership with a company that allocated rooms there for students from all the Leeds unis, so I guess it operates on a first come first served basis unlike the uni's accommodation?) Although I might be wrong about this as it is still listed on the uni website so I'd check
    I think that it is 'fully booked' for those rooms not reserved for the university of Leeds. So people from other universities, or maybe second years applying to stay somewhere next year. The rooms for Leeds uni students, allocated through the uni, will still be available

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h.xlx)
    I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the uni of Leeds is in partnership with another company and has been allocated a certain amount of rooms. So the fully booked probably refers to the rooms which have been sold by the company and not the uni. Hope that makes sense.
    Yeah I literally just realised this, thanks! Does anyone know if there are any photos/details of the shared flats as there are none on the uni website?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I literally just realised this, thanks! Does anyone know if there are any photos/details of the shared flats as there are none on the uni website?
    There's some pictures of the apartments on the company website, just Google cityside leeds and it'll be the downing link.

ReputationRep:
    I want to start buying things as early as possible, does anyone know where I can find a list of everything I'll need for my room / kitchen supplies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tracijune)
    I want to start buying things as early as possible, does anyone know where I can find a list of everything I'll need for my room / kitchen supplies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd personally make your own, otherwise you end up buying things you're never going to use. I'd say 90% of the stuff I brought for my kitchen I haven't used. Obviously if you really love cooking you might want to bring some extra stuff, but otherwise it's pointless.

-Bedding definitely, two or three sets, so when one is washed you can use the other. Also pillows and duvet.

-Possibly a small lamp for your desk/bedside table, though this is up to you

Also with plates and stuff, don't bring loads, it will only encourage you not to wash up! I have two big plates, a big bowl and two little plates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    I'd personally make your own, otherwise you end up buying things you're never going to use. I'd say 90% of the stuff I brought for my kitchen I haven't used. Obviously if you really love cooking you might want to bring some extra stuff, but otherwise it's pointless.

-Bedding definitely, two or three sets, so when one is washed you can use the other. Also pillows and duvet.

-Possibly a small lamp for your desk/bedside table, though this is up to you

Also with plates and stuff, don't bring loads, it will only encourage you not to wash up! I have two big plates, a big bowl and two little plates.
    Thank you, you've been really helpful as usual! Are you staying in sentinel again next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    City sides website says that all the en-suite rooms are only available to University of Leeds students who must apply for them directly from the university - so its only the studios that you book directly that have sold out.

ReputationRep:
    Is the social stuff arranged at devonshire really only for catered students ? And how good is Henry price in terms of being on campus for social activities (e.g at the students union) and general convenience, as opposed to being near headingley, which I've heard is lots of fun?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really worried about being the oldest person in The Tannery 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomC_97)
    Anyone applied for Oxley Residences?
    I have !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tracijune)
    Thank you, you've been really helpful as usual! Are you staying in sentinel again next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, I was considering applying to be a subwarden, but found a cute little house to share with my friend and it is so much cheaper

ReputationRep:
    Is there really only one choice permitted in the accommodation application form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ro97)
    Is there really only one choice permitted in the accommodation application form?
    Yes, just one choice. But it asks lots of questions about your preferences so they should put you somewhere suitable if you don't get your first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Is Sentinel Towers a good halls to choose? I've put it as my first choice since it was one of the best I saw and I like how it's not too lively but also closeish to city. I'm undecided between there or Leodis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    You fussy on bathrooms? Because the three are very different in that regards

James Baillie- Mainly en-suite, off campus, close-ish to Devonshire. Not really too sure about it other than that, never really heard anything from anyone who lives there.

Devonshire- Mainly shared bathrooms, again off campus. It's known for having lots of socials and activities going on, though the dinners and stuff are obviously aimed at catered students living there.

Henry Price- On campus. Opposite the business school basically. Never heard anyone complain about the bathrooms too much, but when I went to visit, it is basically a door separating you from the person using the bathroom. So I really don't know. Though that being said, the bathroom where I am is amazingly sound proofed. To the point when the upstairs neighbours are having a flat I hide in there to get some peace Oh and so well sound proofed the maintenance man walked in on me in the bathroom because I hadn't heard him knock on my main bedroom door -_-
    Thanks so much for your reply. Not too fussy I guess but would prefer not to share with more then one other person! I think that Henry Price is my top choice but just one more question with regards to their bathrooms, is there a lock on the bathroom door? I've read that there is none on the inside of the door but was wondering if there's one on the outside? So that you can lock it to make sure no one has access to you room...does that make sense? Or how do you make sure the other person has no access to your room? Thanks again!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undecided00001)
    Thanks so much for your reply. Not too fussy I guess but would prefer not to share with more then one other person! I think that Henry Price is my top choice but just one more question with regards to their bathrooms, is there a lock on the bathroom door? I've read that there is none on the inside of the door but was wondering if there's one on the outside? So that you can lock it to make sure no one has access to you room...does that make sense? Or how do you make sure the other person has no access to your room? Thanks again!
    Hi!
    Up to a few years ago, there was only a lock on the outside (so you could lock your neighbour out of your bedroom but you couldn't lock them out of the bathroom)
    But when we refurbished the bathrooms, we fitted an additional lock which locks and unlocks both bathroom doors simultaneously. So, when you;'re using the bathroom, you can lock the door, but as soon as you unlock it to leave, it unlocks your neighbour's side of the door as well.
    Hope that makes sense!

Sian
    Accommodation Office

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Leeds)
    Hi!
    Up to a few years ago, there was only a lock on the outside (so you could lock your neighbour out of your bedroom but you couldn't lock them out of the bathroom)
    But when we refurbished the bathrooms, we fitted an additional lock which locks and unlocks both bathroom doors simultaneously. So, when you;'re using the bathroom, you can lock the door, but as soon as you unlock it to leave, it unlocks your neighbour's side of the door as well.
    Hope that makes sense!

Sian
    Accommodation Office
    So does this mean that if you lock your bathroom door so there's no access for them to get to your room it also locks their door, meaning that there is no way to lock your neighbor out your room? Or is the lock on the outside still there as well? Thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undecided00001)
    So does this mean that if you lock your bathroom door so there's no access for them to get to your room it also locks their door, meaning that there is no way to lock your neighbor out your room? Or is the lock on the outside still there as well? Thanks!
    The original lock is still there. - the bathroom lock is an additional lock. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Sian

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.