The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by may_1
how much do people have to spend on food/going out/clothes/toiletries/anything else per week? I only have 50 quid but I'm in catered halls so its okays, my friend has like 100 and I was wondering how much other people have? Like having worked it out from their maintenance loan??

Are you suggesting people actually have money left from their student loan o_O I stayed at Sentinel last year and only payed £119 a week but that left me with £70 a term to live off :tongue: I had to rely on my mother giving me money (which I appreciate so so much she earns next to nothing) to eat!

It really depends on each person how much you'll need a week. I didn't go out once, but it's considered an achievement not to max out your overdraft at university if you do like going out clubbing. When people say they're 'skint' at university they don't mean they've got £3 in the bank they mean they've maxed out a £1500 overdraft.

I'd recommend bringing in packed lunches if you can be bothered, as prices for food in the university can be a bit steep considering we're students. But it's one of the cheapest student cities to live in, there is an Aldi not too far away from the university, but most people end up shopping at Morrison's. I spent about £40 a week on average, but I would buy far too much chocolate....
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hi, I have applied for accommodation at Leeds Uni back in June just before the deadline in July. However, I am yet to receive an email about my accommodation and it is getting me worried hearing about other people receiving emails about their accommodation allocations. Anyone else yet to receive news on their accommodation who applied before the deadline?
Original post by naomi288
Hi, I have applied for accommodation at Leeds Uni back in June just before the deadline in July. However, I am yet to receive an email about my accommodation and it is getting me worried hearing about other people receiving emails about their accommodation allocations. Anyone else yet to receive news on their accommodation who applied before the deadline?

I think it can take up to the beginning of September to hear about your accommodation, Leeds is a big uni and they have to process a lot of applications, so don't worry and just wait. I've seen a few other people mentioning they still haven't heard back from the uni about their accommodation so you're not the only one

https://twitter.com/LeedsUniAccom, DM this person and they'll let you know if your accommodation is ready and if you'll hear from the Uni soon:smile:
Original post by tracijune
Is anyone here staying at iQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I am, not sure which room yet though :smile:
Original post by BeePanda
I think I am, not sure which room yet though :smile:

Ace. They tell you your flat and room number when you book. Let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for Henry price but got an email today saying Ive got a room in IQ and they'll be sending an offer sometime this week. They will get back to you before September hopefully, and I think there may still be a chance of getting central as it's not a first come first serve basis, plus they also have a lot of applications to get through. But one thing to consider is that central is very oversubscribed, so don't be too shocked if you don't get it :/
(edited 4 years ago)
Ace. They tell you your flat and room number when you book. Let me know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't book through IQ itself, I got an offer through the university (didn't realise they offered IQ accommodation through the university!)
They've only told me I have a room there and I'll be getting the offer this week. Should be in either block b2 or b3 i think :smile:
I got tannery block b flat 906, anyone else?
I didn't book through IQ itself, I got an offer through the university (didn't realise they offered IQ accommodation through the university!)
They've only told me I have a room there and I'll be getting the offer this week. Should be in either block b2 or b3 i think :smile:

Oh I didn't know that either I thought they were just private! I'm in B3 I think. Let me know when you hear :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone in Lyddon hall? 13-23 Cromer Terrace, 3.9 :smile:
Original post by leogrillo
Managed to get into Henry Price, so happy. Anyone else there?

Yep I am! So glad to be going there 😄
Oh I didn't know that either I thought they were just private! I'm in B3 I think. Let me know when you hear :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in Block B2 room 072E :smile:
I'm in Block B2 room 072E :smile:

I'm in 078 so we are close!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for accomodation before the July deadline, with my my first choice being leodis, and still haven't heard anything back about accomodation. Shall I call up the accomodation offices or wait it out a few more days?
Original post by Bookworm2108
I applied for accomodation before the July deadline, with my my first choice being leodis, and still haven't heard anything back about accomodation. Shall I call up the accomodation offices or wait it out a few more days?

Call them up definitely
Original post by Bookworm2108

I still haven't heard back from them either and I also applied before the deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still haven't heard back from them either and I also applied before the deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have until the 10th of September to get back to you. If you don't get an offer by then, call them up. Don't worry, they just have a lot of applications to get through :smile:
Hi,

I have an offer at Leeds but I still haven't heard from my accommodation, but when I tried to register it came up with an accommodation already on my form, does this mean that this is my accommodation I will be living in?

Ring the accommodation office direct - they will be able to tell you -

Quick Reply

Latest