Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't be worrying about accommodation offers. I didn't receive my accommodation offer until after results day! There's no point offering you accommodation until they're sure you'll be going to the uni!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me if you only put one choice of accommodation, or if you put down more than one for if you don't get your first choice? I liked cityside but if you can only put one choice, as this is fairly small compared to others, would i be more likely to get my choice if i put a bigger one down??? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    How do you actually apply ? anyone know ? I can find the application you have to fill. Im an undergraduate student.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any info about life at Lupton Residences? Apparently it's got quite a party reputation & isn't the most extravagant of Leeds' accommodations, but otherwise it looks good?

Also if we haven't got all our offers in for unis, we can't yet start applying for accommodation. Is this going to affect where we get put in our first year?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi we are Briggs House and we are a student accommodation in Leeds.

Briggs House opened in September 2016 and we are situated on St Johns Road. Briggs House offer 3, 4 and 5 bed cluster flats as well as 5 different types of studio. All rooms have a modern layout, as well as having an en suite with a large LED light mirror and lots of storage space.

The great thing about Briggs House is that, we are only a 4 minute walk from Leeds Business School and a 10 minute walk from Leeds University.

We welcome all students from Leeds University, Leeds Beckett and Leeds Trinity whether you are an undergraduate or post graduate.

To book a viewing please contact us via telephone or email.
    Tele: 0113 323 8501
    Email: [email protected] o.uk

Please like our Facebook page for all the latest news, updates and events!

https://business.facebook.com/Briggs...09142282441132

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    Applications:
    You fill in an online survey type thing ranking how important things are to you. Then you get to choose one 'first choice' accommodation. It is not first come first served, they wait until everyone has applied before allocating places.
    CV was massively oversubscribed this year and I know lots of people who were placed elsewhere. If you apply for cv you sort of have to accept you could be offered somewhere else. Many who didn't get in actually chose private accommodation instead.
    That being said I'm in Sentinel towers and love it. But it's not really the party scene!
    Do you have an idea which accommodation is the best lively/ has the best social atmosphere? Hoping for an en suite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolamae)
    Do you have an idea which accommodation is the best lively/ has the best social atmosphere? Hoping for an en suite!
    Henry Price always has a party going on, as does James Baille, if that's the sort of social you're after!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how sociable leodis residence is? i was gonna go with james bailley but i just saw how nice leodis looks. having a social / party atmosphere is really important to me so i'd be grateful if anyone could respond. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsizesilver)
    does anyone know how sociable leodis residence is? i was gonna go with james bailley but i just saw how nice leodis looks. having a social / party atmosphere is really important to me so i'd be grateful if anyone could respond. thanks!
    I've also applied for leodis, so any info on leodis would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraM1997)
    If anyone needs help with university of leeds accommodation and which one to pick, i currently am a first year here and i've been around to loads of my friends accommodations and can tell you which is the most sociable / good work environment / furthest out / ensuites / room sizes etc.

Feel free to message me i'd love to help xxx

laura
    How is the Cityside and Central Village accomodation? I am a international student, so i dont know anyone, but are hoping to live in a social accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the Whetton building in Charles Morris? If so, what is it like?

ReputationRep:
    If anybody is looking for a rom in Leeds I've got a spare room going in an 8 man house. PM me for details!

ReputationRep:
    I have just applied to Leeds for 2018 entry. If I receive an offer I will be applying for Oxley and/or Lupton as I will be on a crazy tight budget. I know obviously these are not going to be beautiful massive rooms, but could anyone let me know what their experiences living in either of them were?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRxS)
    I have just applied to Leeds for 2018 entry. If I receive an offer I will be applying for Oxley and/or Lupton as I will be on a crazy tight budget. I know obviously these are not going to be beautiful massive rooms, but could anyone let me know what their experiences living in either of them were?
    Lupton is ugly with gross bathrooms, Oxley is actually nice

ReputationRep:
    I know you get to pick one choice of accommodation and then from reading this forum it sounds like you get to rank some other criteria in case your first choice is oversubscribed. Does anyone know what the criteria are? Also I'm not particularly bothered whether I go catered on or not or whether I have to share a bathroom, however I'm a very bad sleeper so whilst I don't want to be in a social wilderness, somewhere with paper thin walls and all night noise would be a nightmare - any suggestions? Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.