The Student Room Group

Should i take futher maths? I have to decide today!

Should i?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
Original post by me2*
Should i?

Do you want to?

Do you enjoy Maths?

Ae you on top of normal Maths?

What do you want to study at uni?

Ask yourself these questions first.
Original post by me2*
Should i?

You have failed to give vital information that would enable anyone to help you.

What do you intend to study as an undergraduate? What is your ability and history in maths? What other subjects are you planning to take and why?
Reply 4
I have A in c1 c2 m1
I just gave c34 m2 and i was interested in doing further math because i heard a lot about it in the forums

My ambition is to prove that average people can alo excel in math!
Original post by me2*
I have A in c1 c2 m1
I just gave c34 m2 and i was interested in doing further math because i heard a lot about it in the forums

My ambition is to prove that average people can alo excel in math!

But you need to answer the questions. What do you want to study after A-levels? If it is maths, engineering, computer science, physical sciences, actuarial science or statistics then further maths is clearly relevant and helpful. If it is something else then it probably won't be of much use.
Reply 6
I would advice against
Reply 7
Original post by Good bloke
But you need to answer the questions. What do you want to study after A-levels? If it is maths, engineering, computer science, physical sciences, actuarial science or statistics then further maths is clearly relevant and helpful. If it is something else then it probably won't be of much use.

Yes engineering
Reply 8
Original post by TeeEm
I would advice against

You are such a troll! :biggrin:
Original post by me2*
Yes engineering

Then the obvious A-levels are maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. Further maths should be a clear benefit, both in studying engineering and in getting on to a course.
Do it! It's very fun once you get the hang of it.
Reply 11
Then the obvious A-levels are maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. Further maths should be a clear benefit, both in studying engineering and in getting on to a course.

Alright thanks
Original post by me2*

A troll that doesn't understand the difference between a verb and a noun, or who just can't spell.
Reply 13
A troll that doesn't understand the difference between a verb and a noun, or who just can't spell.

Not necessarily
Do it if you can manage it okay. It will be helpful if you want to go into Engineering
If you plan to do any scientific/mathematical subject at a good university, then there is nothing else what will make your application as competitive as A level in Further Mathematics.
Original post by me2*

Not really! If you want to do Engineering without having realised the importance of maths in it then you should not take further maths. :tongue:
Reply 17
do what you want,
don't regret anything later.

and if you do, you can always change it. byes. :smile:
do not go for the hardest modules.
Reply 19
Original post by the bear
do not go for the hardest modules.

None of them are hard - but you should choose the most useful which are the ones people often consider hard. The decision modules are just rubbish and the stats are low level. People should do all the pure modules and a selection of mechanics. That is what is most useful for later studies.

Quick Reply

Latest