Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you believe you can be born in the wrong species? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/28/this-w...human-5648627/

‘If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.’

But though Nano, from Oslo, Norway, looks like a human, walks like a human, and sounds like a human, she’s not a human, she says. She’s a cat.

The 20-year-old made the revelation in an interview published on NRK P3 Verdens Rikeste Land‘s YouTube channel, and the interview has now been watched more than 120,000 times.

Nano says that just like your more traditional cats, she hates water and can communicate simply by meowing. Nano compensates for her lack of cat ears by wearing a pair of pointed ears on an Alice band.

She will also wear an artificial tail and sometimes walk on her hands and feet. She said it wasn’t until she was a teenager that she realised she wasn’t human.

‘I realised I was a cat when I was 16 when doctors and psychologists found out what was “the thing” with me. Under my birth there was a genetic defect,’ she says in the video.

Nano says her super-sensitive ‘cat hearing’ permits her to hear things we humans cannot, such as ‘keys clinking in pockets’ and ‘suitcases rolling on the ground.’

If she meets a dog in the street, she ‘automatically reacts by hissing,’ she says.

Like all small four-legged animals, she likes to sleep in enclosed spaces, ‘such as the sink’.

Nano has a friend – Svien – who has a cat ‘personality’; Nano explains that he has several personalities, one of which is a cat, while she actually is a cat. The pair often communicate with meows.

‘I think I will be a cat all my life,’ she says.
    You can see the video here:

Do you think it's rational to identify as a cat?

ReputationRep:
    Trans-species people do exist. And also Trans-racial as well. As I may be white but inside I am actually Nigerian. These things are normal in our world

ReputationRep:
    "Do you think you can be born into the wrong species?"

Yes. If you are mentally ill.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Utter bs.

You were conceived and born of two adult humans. There is no possible way you can be anything other than a human.

ReputationRep:
    her friend Svien is getting more pussy than he bargained for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Utter bs.

You were conceived and born of two adult humans. There is no possible way you can be anything other than a human.
    easy ermm tiger

ReputationRep:
    I like it that she can hear ice crampons. That seems a really useful skill.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I like it that she can hear ice crampons. That seems a really useful skill.
    perhaps you can share some similar experiences with us ? not necessarily cat related ...

:nyan:

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    2:56 "meow meow meow?"

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squirrel777)
    Trans-species people do exist. And also Trans-racial as well. As I may be white but inside I am actually Nigerian. These things are normal in our world
    Whose world is that?

ReputationRep:
    The human brain consisting of advanced conciousness is not demonstrated in any other species. So no, its just mentally ill people. Reminds me of the south park episode when Randy Marsh wants surgery to become a dolphin.

ReputationRep:
    She clearly has a mental disorder.

Um well in that case, I'm a swan

ReputationRep:
    I think her genetic defect is called dissociative identity disorder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    perhaps you can share some similar experiences with us ? not necessarily cat related ...

:nyan:

:holmes:
    I can hear the sound of one hand clapping.

Oh and the smell of a pure and unsullied thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    I think her genetic defect is called dissociative identity disorder
    I believe it's a sub-syndrome of Doing Anything at all To Maybe be Famous Online for Five Minutes - Andy Warhol-itis.

ReputationRep:
    i am 100% bear... i don't have to sellotape cardboard bear ears to my head :lolwut:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm a unicorn.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.