Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you believe you can be born in the wrong species? Watch

ReputationRep:
    To each their own, as long as they're not hurting anyone. It does sound a little unorthodox as obviously people can be born transgender because there is no deciding factor when it comes to being born male or female, it's perfectly possible that you'll be either and sometimes nature makes mistakes whereas with trans species, there's no reason for you to really believe you're a different species unless you have actually interacted with them which would suggest it's more of decision than an ingrained way of life? I honestly don't know much about the subject tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    "Do you think you can be born into the wrong species?"

Yes. If you are mentally ill.
    Similar to how you can be born the wrong sex

ReputationRep:
    If you're human, then tough luck.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Tumblr bs.

ReputationRep:
    I identify as some weird kind of hairless ape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    Similar to how you can be born the wrong sex
    Having met some trans people, I can tell you that they are basically normal. They're not mentally ill in any meaningful way. My guess is that there is a small subset of transgender people who are nuts - in the same way that there is a small subset of any given demographic group who are nuts - and the media makes a big deal out of them. This spreads the idea that all transgender people are that crazy because the crazy ones are all we hear about.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can be born into the "wrong" anything. You're just born as whatever you're born as. There's no mark scheme by which it can be judged as correct or incorrect.

Although a person might prefer to have been born as a different species/gender/race/whatever.

ReputationRep:
    my deepest secret is that i truly believe i am a napkin ring ? any other TSR members of the tableware/wedding list community ?

ReputationRep:
    Thinking you're born as the wrong anything is just a mental illness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I'm a unicorn.

• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Image doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    Image doesn't work.
    Fixed.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Fixed.
    I would definitely get in the van.

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely get in the van.
    I bet you'd drive a van like that.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I bet you'd drive a van like that.
    How else will I transport my equine-themed sex dungeon?

ReputationRep:
    its like that guy that went on jeremy kyle...

but that was just Dec in a costume x'D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    her friend Svien is getting more pussy than he bargained for...
    It’s true that a woman from Norway’d
    Claimed life as a cat didn’t bore, strayed
    Too far, you can bet,
    To the arms of a vet
    And soon she was feeling quite sore, spayed.

ReputationRep:
    Just being an asexual, gender-queer man in a woman's body doesn't make you a special enough snowflake these days.

ReputationRep:
    Complete rubbish. You can be born the wrong gender (maybe) but not species.

Species requires the evidence of a soul, which there is none, and evidence of your species being predetermined before birth. She would also need to prove that humans can give birth to cats, since she labelled herself being human as a "genetic defect".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Having met some trans people, I can tell you that they are basically normal. They're not mentally ill in any meaningful way. My guess is that there is a small subset of transgender people who are nuts - in the same way that there is a small subset of any given demographic group who are nuts - and the media makes a big deal out of them. This spreads the idea that all transgender people are that crazy because the crazy ones are all we hear about.
    It's still absurd. They are normal because they are normal. Their claim to having been born the "wrong" gender is utterly ludicrous however.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.