Unattractive girls on Instagram Watch

This discussion is closed.
ManmoreBrah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Why do they either post filtered and angled pics which are unrecognisable, or pictures where they look like they do IRL, which they then delete? :rofl:

I was asking a mate of mine why he keeps complimenting a bird who is ugly IRL on Insta, and he said "because at least she looks good there," SMH :rofl:
stefano865
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Should be illegal.

If you are not hot you have no right to appear on my computer screen.
ManmoreBrah
Rep:
?
(Original post by stefano865)
Should be illegal.

If you are not hot you have no right to appear on my computer screen.
lel

Im not against them taking "selfies." Just be honest kplz :yep:
Ya Dunno Treize.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ManmoreBrah)
Why do they either post filtered and angled pics which are unrecognisable, or pictures where they look like they do IRL, which they then delete? :rofl:

I was asking a mate of mine why he keeps complimenting a bird who is ugly IRL on Insta, and he said "because at least she looks good there," SMH :rofl:
Your friend compliments a "bird" on instagram. But that's an animal, I had no idea birds could function Instagram.
ManmoreBrah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ya Dunno Treize.)
He compliments a "bird" on instagram. But that's an animal, I had no idea birds could function Instagram.
he's into bestiality :ninja:
therealbiggie2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Smh people need to start getting a life instead of choosing that next filter.

Instagram should be destroyed.
TheGreatImposter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry people's pictures offend you so much.
Aivicore
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh get a life.
Kamran Fazal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Please get a life.
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Come on dude we all need an self esteem boost now and then
SereneEuphoria
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Proxenus)
Come on dude we all need an self esteem boost now and then
Self esteem boosts should come from accepting the way you are and feeling confident in that. Getting self esteem from a picture that looks so different to you is not helpful in my opinion. It's rude of him to call them ugly but it's his opinion.
XO For Life
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Many girls are self-conscious and know that if they post pictures of themselves without makeup or a filter on social media then they will be attacked. Social media is worse for both girls` and guys` mental health but it generally shown to be worse for girls' mental health than boys' as girls are more likely to make comparisons between themselves and other girls. When girls scroll through their feeds and see how perfect and stunning another girl is (for example a model), it only adds to the pressure, which is one of the main reasons why girls use filters. I put my hands up and admit that I use Snapchat filters but that's because I'm not confident with my body or my looks, I look at the mirror everyday and I hate what I see, I always wish that I'm one of the pretty model girls which guys always drool over because she is everything that they could want. The perfect arse size, the perfect body (curves and all), naturally beautiful, the perfect tit size. I can never be that, no one can. No girl can. I personally feel like to be the hot girl, you have to wear your shirt too low and your skirt too high. It also doesn't help when my own family are calling me fat and ugly, before you say anything I`m 18, I`m 5"3 and I weigh 8.5 stone. I want every girl to love themselves for who they are, body and all, even if I cant do that as I don't. I know that I`ll get attacked because of what I just said but I`m sorry but I had to speak out for myself and fellow girls because you don't understand what life is like for us girls especially on social media.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I bet you're no oil painting yourself OP :laugh:
XO For Life
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
I bet you're no oil painting yourself OP :laugh:
I just realised that the post is 3 years old, I`m such an idiot. Mentally whacking my head against a wall rn
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Haha oh well, happens all the time
(Original post by XO For Life)
I just realised that the post is 3 years old, I`m such an idiot. Mentally whacking my head against a wall rn
XO For Life
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Haha oh well, happens all the time
Yeap well at least other people will read what I put hopefully fellow girls and feel more positive about themselves
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I 41 am totally sick of seeing unattractive boys on Instagram. Please do not place yourself on Instagram any longer. I cannot bare the site literally.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by XO For Life)
Many girls are self-conscious and know that if they post pictures of themselves without makeup or a filter on social media then they will be attacked. Social media is worse for both girls` and guys` mental health but it generally shown to be worse for girls' mental health than boys' as girls are more likely to make comparisons between themselves and other girls. When girls scroll through their feeds and see how perfect and stunning another girl is (for example a model), it only adds to the pressure, which is one of the main reasons why girls use filters. I put my hands up and admit that I use Snapchat filters but that's because I'm not confident with my body or my looks, I look at the mirror everyday and I hate what I see, I always wish that I'm one of the pretty model girls which guys always drool over because she is everything that they could want. The perfect arse size, the perfect body (curves and all), naturally beautiful, the perfect tit size. I can never be that, no one can. No girl can. I personally feel like to be the hot girl, you have to wear your shirt too low and your skirt too high. It also doesn't help when my own family are calling me fat and ugly, before you say anything I`m 18, I`m 5"3 and I weigh 8.5 stone. I want every girl to love themselves for who they are, body and all, even if I cant do that as I don't. I know that I`ll get attacked because of what I just said but I`m sorry but I had to speak out for myself and fellow girls because you don't understand what life is like for us girls especially on social media.
I often see women complaining that they can’t look hot but can you confirm that you are doing everything possible.

Do you eat a clean diet, do you go for a long daily walk/run, do you go to the gym everyday and lift. Do you wear dresses and skirts to maximise you femininity, do you wear makeup and do you hair.

Only once you do all these things can you complain, until then you are choosing not to try.
XO For Life
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I often see women complaining that they can’t look hot but can you confirm that you are doing everything possible.

Do you eat a clean diet, do you go for a long daily walk/run, do you go to the gym everyday and lift. Do you wear dresses and skirts to maximise you femininity, do you wear makeup and do you hair.

Only once you do all these things can you complain, until then you are choosing not to try.
I eat a healthy diet, I've cut down on fatty food and junk food, I occasionally go for a 3 mile run but that`s if I have time as I have to babysit and look after my little brothers whenever my mum has work and I also have college, I don't have money for the gym. I wear dresses and skirts like nearly all the time, depending on the weather lol. I don't wear makeup as I heard its bad for your skin and I`m trying to accept how I look and I feel like wearing makeup wont help this. I do my hair everyday, like I will wash it in the evening and then dry it and then straighten it. In the morning if I have time, I will straighten my hair again even if its already straight.
Dunya
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Really? I thought I got my good angle

Name:  bd59310b-dae5-4c7c-a57d-a00a866aaa5a_screenshot.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  60.8 KB
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.63%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.36%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.42%

Watched Threads