Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tax Advisor vs Financial Accountant Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between a Tax Advisor and a Financial Accountant?

Many (I) understand what the role of an Accountant is, but how does that of a Tax Advisor differ?

I have seen the terms 'Tax Advisor', 'Tax Accountant', 'Tax Consultant', etc.. Is there actually any difference between these terms/roles?

Should I complete the ATT and CTA qualifications is it possible/normal practice to move into the general Finance arena or would I be stuck in the Tax world permanently? Accountants often practice but then during the course of their careers move into some general Finance role (maybe management, or Unit Controller, or so). Is this the same for Tax professionals?

Would you say that working with Tax is a secure job? I would imagine so as Tax is everywhere, you can't get away from it. Is there a specialty in Tax that is (and will be) in more demand?

Is there much Law involved in Tax (and what's the split i.e. 50/50)?

What Tax qualifications are demanded? I know ATT and then CTA are, but are there any others that are highly regarded?

I would love to hear from those whom have done both jobs and what their thoughts (pros and cons) are??

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.