Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm in my second year at Greenwich University . I was studying computer systems and networking but I changed to forensic computing this term because I wanted to be with my bf. but now I'm not liking this course and not doing well in it either and I don't want to do a carreer in this job. So I want to change to computer science because its the best course and I did good with programming last year and I just want to do something different but they wont let me change again so now im stuck doing this course and im failing so what do you think that I should do?? ALso I feel like doing something completely different not even related to computers like film and tv or music but I don't have the realted A levels and I don't know whetrher id like that either.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucylocket118)
    So I'm in my second year at Greenwich University . I was studying computer systems and networking but I changed to forensic computing this term because I wanted to be with my bf. but now I'm not liking this course and not doing well in it either and I don't want to do a carreer in this job. So I want to change to computer science because its the best course and I did good with programming last year and I just want to do something different but they wont let me change again so now im stuck doing this course and im failing so what do you think that I should do?? ALso I feel like doing something completely different not even related to computers like film and tv or music but I don't have the realted A levels and I don't know whetrher id like that either.
    Changing course to be with your BF was a poor decision, but I've made equally poor ones.

Your options are essentially:

1) Drop out and apply for another course, in which case you need to be aware of funding implications because of support you've already received. You can also await the outcome of the application before actually dropping out if you wish.
    2) Drop out and don't apply for another course, get a job or whatever.
    3) Make the best of a bad situation and complete the course to the best of your abilities.

ReputationRep:
    I can't drop out so I'm just gonna do it whether I like it or not but I don't think that I'm gonna do well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.