The Student Room Group

How to use Roaming Services on Samsung S6 Edge???

I'm visiting abroad day after tomorrow and will need to use my phone to call back home. I have called up my local network providers to activate my phone for calling abroad, and they said I will need to re-start my phone when I reach there, then go to settings and turn on the international roaming option. However, when I go to settings I don't see any option for turning on international roaming; there's only one option which is for turning on mobile data when roaming. I just want to know if the international roaming option will become availble once I'm actually there. I dont want my services not working while I'm there.. :/ I've got an S6 Edge, and my network provider is Virgin Media. Any help is highly appreciated!
From the Home screen, tap “Apps“.
Select the “Settings” icon.
Select the “Connections” tab.
Select “More networks“.Choose “Mobile networks“.
Select the switch on “Data Roaming” to toggle it on or off.
Select “OK” to confirm your selection.

http://www.technipages.com/turn-data-roaming-on-or-off-on-galaxy-s6

Does this help @123456789012?
Original post by 123456789012
I'm visiting abroad day after tomorrow and will need to use my phone to call back home. I have called up my local network providers to activate my phone for calling abroad, and they said I will need to re-start my phone when I reach there, then go to settings and turn on the international roaming option. However, when I go to settings I don't see any option for turning on international roaming; there's only one option which is for turning on mobile data when roaming. I just want to know if the international roaming option will become availble once I'm actually there. I dont want my services not working while I'm there.. :/ I've got an S6 Edge, and my network provider is Virgin Media. Any help is highly appreciated!

If all you're doing is making a call, you don't need to enable data roaming because this is for, well, data. Restarting your phone when you arrive like they mentioned will connect you to a local network that you can make/receive calls on. I'm not sure why they said you need roaming for that, but leave it off- data costs abroad are beyond insane.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending