Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you save your husband or your two kids? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what people thought.
    So imagine a tragic scenario (anything) and you have a choice of saving your husband/wife or your two children from death. BUT the twist is that you will defo die in the process despite who you choose. Who will you pick? and why?
    (You can ONLY pick one or the other)

***EDIT: HUSBAND/WIFE
    children's age: 6 and 10
    (Take into account, trauma etc and other factors. What if the kids/spouse end up in a worse situation?)

ReputationRep:
    Two kids because I wouldn't have a husband. I would have a wife.

ReputationRep:
    Two kids, because without meaning to be narcissistic, I wouldn't want my partner to live on without anyone left.

At least the kids would have each other and can eventually have new families!

ReputationRep:
    Two kids and I hope my hypothetical husband would do the same as well. My two hypothetical kids could do so much; they wouldn't deserve to die young

ReputationRep:
    Two kids. This will be everybody's answer. Everybody (who's not mental) loves their kid/s more than their partner.

ReputationRep:
    If you save your husband/wife you can always make more kids
    But personally I don't know what I'd do, hopefully that situation never comes.

ReputationRep:
    The kids, obviously.

Can't beat biology.

ReputationRep:
    Unless your two kids were burgeoning tyrants, of course any decent parent would save the kids. Especially given that we're talking about two lives here.

I doubt the partner would want to live with themselves if their whole family died anyway.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The relationship would end after such an ordeal, how could they possibly live with themselves or stand each other? Most parents want what's best for their children, so unless the children are suffering and dying anyway, death is not what's best for them.

I think I would choose to save my children, knowing that my partner would have wanted the same.

As it so happens, I have neither anyway and I hope this scenario never occurs in my future.

ReputationRep:
    I'd save my children and hope they would be in safe hands throughout the rest of their lives without me.

ReputationRep:
    kids. the thought of baby goats bleating as their flesh begins to sizzle is unbearable.

Well I don't think I'll ever be in that situation because I'm going to be forever alone :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    The kids, obviously.

Can't beat biology.
    Yes you can? (If even applicable.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Yes you can? (If even applicable.)
    You got my meaning anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I know that if i ever have children one day i would sacrifice myself for them without question. My future husband would too as that is what every parent would do.

(Original post by the bear)
    kids. the thought of baby goats bleating as their flesh begins to sizzle is unbearable.
    I thought you were a bear? :hmmmm2:

(Original post by enaayrah)
    Well I don't think I'll ever be in that situation because I'm going to be forever alone :cry:
    You're 18. Snap out of it. :slap:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I thought you were a bear? :hmmmm2:
    we adopted
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I would choose my husband, because they can create more children, my children can't create a new husband

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    You got my meaning anyway.
    Yes I did.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.