Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I am currently a second year student and I am starting to think of ideas for my dissertation and I wondered if anyone had any advice.
    I am interested in doing a project revolving around social issues such as gender or culture etc in an urban area and investigating public opinion on issues.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    My reply was banned because it contained a link but I would check out "The Information Capital" by James Cheshire/Oliver Uberti. It contains some excellent maps highlighting social issues in London and will point you towards some really nice open data sources. Sorry I can;t post a link but I think you'll find it interesting. I would highly recommend doing a dissertation that would have commercial value to a business. Don't let academics push you down purely academic routes. Think about consumers, future developments and social issues that would effect trade and industry or policy. This is what employers like to see.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.