Is 52% a good grade for first year? Watch

Honey126
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am a first year law student and I have got 52% in one of my modules. I am applying to a Russell Group University for next year so would 52% be sufficient for them?
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Honey126)
I am a first year law student and I have got 52% in one of my modules. I am applying to a Russell Group University for next year so would 52% be sufficient for them?
Can't know for sure but 52% is a low 2:2 so it's not amazing
infairverona
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you applying for entry into second or first year? Law transfers into second year barely ever happen because law courses are structured so differently, your modules would have to match up exactly with whatever uni you're applying to as otherwise you won't have done all of the qualifying modules. They would most likely ask for a 2.1 overall for your first year if they do accept a transfer, so 52% isn't great but you can bring it up with the rest of the year.
Honey126
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by infairverona)
Are you applying for entry into second or first year? Law transfers into second year barely ever happen because law courses are structured so differently, your modules would have to match up exactly with whatever uni you're applying to as otherwise you won't have done all of the qualifying modules. They would most likely ask for a 2.1 overall for your first year if they do accept a transfer, so 52% isn't great but you can bring it up with the rest of the year.
I'm applying to start again as a first year. In the module I got 70% in the first assignment (30% of the grade) and 52% in the second assignment (70% of the grade) which made it a 52% average.
infairverona
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm applying to start again as a first year. In the module I got 70% in the first assignment (30% of the grade) and 52% in the second assignment (70% of the grade) which made it a 52% average
They might not even look at your first year results then, you could email and ask the admissions team. That's a bit of a shame for you though that the bit you did really well in wasn't heavily weighted!
username2130115
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no that's a **** grade
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is better than my 35%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
infairverona
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
It is better than my 35%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 28% on a law essay once. Hadn't gone to any of the lectures, and I'd bought the old version of the textbook so I had just completely ignored recent cases...

But, my friend who did history managed to get 7% in an essay once. Never understood what makes it 7 rather than 8 or 9...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (272)
66.67%
No (136)
33.33%

Watched Threads