The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Neuroscience at Keele?

Can anyone studying neuroscience at Keele please tell me what it's like!!!
It's great!! 😊 We got to play with a real brain last semester so that was fun👍
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Wow!! Did you do many practicals in the lab? Also what are the lab facilities like? Are you going on a placement or study abroad ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bohoteal
Wow!! Did you do many practicals in the lab? Also what are the lab facilities like? Are you going on a placement or study abroad ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, just saw this. Yeah we basically have about 6 hours in labs a week, the labs are good, like they're a decent size and everything so that's all fine.

I'm not actually doing a semester abroad, I did really want to but I missed the deadline 😣 They do have the option though, it's usually the first semester of the second year.

Good luck with your application if you haven't already received an offer! 😊
Original post by Me123456789
Sorry, just saw this. Yeah we basically have about 6 hours in labs a week, the labs are good, like they're a decent size and everything so that's all fine.

I'm not actually doing a semester abroad, I did really want to but I missed the deadline 😣 They do have the option though, it's usually the first semester of the second year.

Good luck with your application if you haven't already received an offer! 😊

Hi! Just had a few questions, what is Neuroscience like, is it majority working in the lab and just following experiments that tutors do. Also, i did some work experience and the first year students actually got paid for some research, does that happen in Keele too?People who study abroad, do they come back and start year two later or are they studying the same stuff as year two people who do not work abroad? Is it multicultural , like is there a variety of students? Also people who study abroad, is that the same as work placement or is it different? Furthermore, are you planning to do a masters degree after this course and do you think there are a lot careers you can do with neuroscience.
Original post by student2017
Hi! Just had a few questions, what is Neuroscience like, is it majority working in the lab and just following experiments that tutors do. Also, i did some work experience and the first year students actually got paid for some research, does that happen in Keele too?People who study abroad, do they come back and start year two later or are they studying the same stuff as year two people who do not work abroad? Is it multicultural , like is there a variety of students? Also people who study abroad, is that the same as work placement or is it different? Furthermore, are you planning to do a masters degree after this course and do you think there are a lot careers you can do with neuroscience.

For neuroscience you have 2 core modules per semester (if you're doing major minor or dual honours) with each of them there's 2 hours of lectures and 3 hours of labs a week.
I'm not sure about the paid work experience, you could always email and ask.

You can do study abroad for a semester (first or second) but you have to be getting 60% or something like that. If you do it for one semester you don't need to catch up you just continue with everyone else and they convert your grades from you semester abroad. I'm not entirely sure about the whole year abroad or a work placement, I don't think neuroscience have a work placement year .

It is quite multicultural, the majority of people are white, they have quite a few international students (quite a lot of these are Chinese) and then also a few black and south Asian people.
I haven't even decided what I'm doing after this course, hopefully I'll have that decided by the end of this year ( I'm going into my second year) *I definitely think there are a lot of careers you could go into with this, literally so many fields are open to you, and you get even more of a variety if you're doing dual honours/major minor.
Reply 6
Hi
Was wondering if you can only do one semester abroad or the whole year thanks
wow thanks guys

Quick Reply

Latest