Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mental health nursing interview Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiewainers)
    I haven't done interviews for anywhere else so I have nothing to compare to. They must of liked me but in the group work I got shh'd a few times. I must of said enough already. It seems one of the interveiwers really liked me because she had underlined my name three times before we had even watched the video. I struggle with anxiety so I hoped they had taken that into account during selection because I declared it in my application. Beta blockers, chanting and chain smoking seemed to have kept it under control though. I'm glad I've met some fellow nurses. If I go for Swansea we'll already of met some people. I can't wait for September.
    Literally was the best Interview I had! Awh see I suffer with anxiety too, I controlled mine with beta blockers but am quite lucky to be able to self manage it quite a lot of the time now I didn't put it in my application but at least they know about it! They obviously likes you regardless of it! And yes will certainly be lovely to know some other nurses before getting there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charwilson)
    Ok I'll probably contact them too, to see what's in the terms but seems decent yes I turn 20 in January (seems like quite a while away now 😂) but yeah I think there will be a range too, nursing tends to get quite a few more mature students I think 😊 when was your interview date? May have been there around the same time
    That sounds good to me!! Yeah there usually are some older students, will be good the variety! Mine was 4th December, there was so many people lol!! When was yours? What's your Facebook - seeing as well be studying together seem easier!!🙈 Mines Dannie Roberts, profile picture is me and my partner(I have blonde hair lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djroberts95)
    That sounds good to me!! Yeah there usually are some older students, will be good the variety! Mine was 4th December, there was so many people lol!! When was yours? What's your Facebook - seeing as well be studying together seem easier!!🙈 Mines Dannie Roberts, profile picture is me and my partner(I have blonde hair lol)
    Think mine was the 14th December, and yes there was so many people in mine too!! Ok I'll add you now mines Char Wilson, probably will be easier to talk on there this is making my phone freak out 😂
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Hope you dont mind us jumping in here.

If you’re looking for great accommodation for September which is perfect for Swansea University students why not have a look at some of our spacious ensuite rooms.

We are within walking distance from the bustling city centre and have a bus stop right outside with a service that runs direct to the new Bay campus and also Singleton Campus.

Our accommodation are ensuite rooms with shared living space. We are very modern. We have a great social area downstairs with a flat screen TV and pool table for our tenants to use.
    We pride ourselves on ensuring our students have the best experience and hold many events such as free pizza, DVD nights, welcome events and BBQs to name a few.

If you would like to arrange a viewing or discuss further please do not hesitate to contact us directly on [email protected] k / 01792341640.

Look forward to hearing from you,
    St Davids Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiewainers)
    I've been given a conditional offer for MH nursing in Swansea. It's my first/second choice (I haven't decided yet) so I may well get to see you ladies there. I loved the group chat and role play. Make sure you prepair we'll for the interveow because they ask you how did you prepair! I hated the interveiw but stuff like that isn't my thing. Although I must of done something right
    Hey Katie, I've got my interview for mental health in june.....was wondering if you had any hints or tips Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimz01)
    Hey Katie, I've got my interview for mental health in june.....was wondering if you had any hints or tips Thanks xx
    Hey I hope this isn't too late! Only just seen it.
    I commented a lot on the stigma in mental health and how i aim to combat it as well as bringing in my own mental health problems. I work in mental health already so I went on about care quality and rights of patients. Try and stick a few of the six c's of nursing in there!! When in the group as soon as your butt hits the seat start talking to people around you. You'll be surprised who will be watching you haha. Have fun. Keep up with your nursing standards and try and have a bit of a laugh with people. And I'll see you in September!! xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.