The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

So who is going to Southampton Solent in September 2016?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xena2041
Im not looking at the halls instead URBA life its a private accommodation across that park outside solent it has really nice apartments rooms :smile: Did you go to the open day for Hair and makeup design i only went to the applicant , what did you think of it?

Oh I see, sounds great! I didn't go to the open day unfortunately no, I'll be going to the University open day on the 11th June though, how was the applicant?
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 21
Original post by emmmmily97
Oh I see, sounds great! I didn't go to the open day unfortunately no, I'll be going to the University open day on the 11th June though, how was the applicant?

The applicant day was a bit disappointing as I was expecting them to explain the whole structure of the course and units etc, but we did get to do some makeup and take pictures thats about it. Let me know how the open day goes pleasee
The applicant day was a bit disappointing as I was expecting them to explain the whole structure of the course and units etc, but we did get to do some makeup and take pictures thats about it. Let me know how the open day goes pleasee

Oh that's weird, I would've expected some more insight towards the course! Still sounds like it was fun though :smile: will do!
Reply 23
Oh that's weird, I would've expected some more insight towards the course! Still sounds like it was fun though :smile: will do!

Yeah that's why I am thinking they might talk about that kind of stuff on the open day. Yeah it was good but I really wanted more info :/ what other unis did you apply to?
Yeah that's why I am thinking they might talk about that kind of stuff on the open day. Yeah it was good but I really wanted more info :/ what other unis did you apply to?

Yeah hopefully they'll give me some more info! I'll let you know.
I applied to Grimsby, Uni of the Arts London & Arts Uni Bournemouth. Solent was my first choice because it's closest to home and had the best rep on reviews. I applied late around Feb time so there weren't many Uni course applications still open. Where else did you apply?
Reply 25
Yeah hopefully they'll give me some more info! I'll let you know.
I applied to Grimsby, Uni of the Arts London & Arts Uni Bournemouth. Solent was my first choice because it's closest to home and had the best rep on reviews. I applied late around Feb time so there weren't many Uni course applications still open. Where else did you apply?

thank you :smile: and I applied for Birmingham, high wycombe, York and Bournemouth too but didn't get in that one because I dont do any kind of art subject. I was originally going to birmingham because its close to home but changed my mind hopefully its good in solent
thank you :smile: and I applied for Birmingham, high wycombe, York and Bournemouth too but didn't get in that one because I dont do any kind of art subject. I was originally going to birmingham because its close to home but changed my mind hopefully its good in solent

I found some of the courses sooo fussy with qualifications, which I suppose is a good thing in most ways. I'm so looking forward to September though! I'm glad I'm getting to know someone on the course already :smile: a girl thats in her second year on this course called me the other day to ask if I had any questions, did you get the same? I just asked about cost of materials we need and if I could balance the work with a job etc
I was originally going to birmingham because its close to home but changed my mind hopefully its good in solent

I'm not far from Birmingham! Where in the Midlands are you?
Reply 28
I found some of the courses sooo fussy with qualifications, which I suppose is a good thing in most ways. I'm so looking forward to September though! I'm glad I'm getting to know someone on the course already :smile: a girl thats in her second year on this course called me the other day to ask if I had any questions, did you get the same? I just asked about cost of materials we need and if I could balance the work with a job etc

Bournemouth offered me this 5 grand course to gain enough experience for their course no way was I gonna do that. Im kind of scared for September but it will be good! :smile: I had some girl ring me in January which studied fashion there but I didnt have any questions prepared but saying that I have had random numbers ringing me lately so maybe them. The kit is like £600 when are you ment to buy that?
Reply 29
Me too! Which accommodation are you applying for? I'm so stuck :K:

I know you weren't asking me, but I thought I'd offer some input.

I'm going to be choosing Hamwic as my 1st choice, and Deanery as my second (though I'm more likely to get into Hamwic). Whatever you do, don't choose Chantry, it has a reputation for being the pinnacle of trash.
Bournemouth offered me this 5 grand course to gain enough experience for their course no way was I gonna do that. Im kind of scared for September but it will be good! :smile: I had some girl ring me in January which studied fashion there but I didnt have any questions prepared but saying that I have had random numbers ringing me lately so maybe them. The kit is like £600 when are you ment to buy that?

I don't blame you for that, I don't think I would've gone for that option either! Ah yeah it probably is, she told me that they would send us a kit form via email once our position on the course is confirmed after results in August, I will see if I can find out more info on it on the open day though :smile:
Original post by Breadchuu
I know you weren't asking me, but I thought I'd offer some input.

I'm going to be choosing Hamwic as my 1st choice, and Deanery as my second (though I'm more likely to get into Hamwic). Whatever you do, don't choose Chantry, it has a reputation for being the pinnacle of trash.

Thank you for your input! I wanted to go for the top party accommodations in all honesty, preferably en-suite aswell so Deanery will probably be my first choice. I looked at Hamwic but the reviews said it was one of the quieter accommodations so I wasn't so sure about that one :/
Reply 32
Thank you for your input! I wanted to go for the top party accommodations in all honesty, preferably en-suite aswell so Deanery will probably be my first choice. I looked at Hamwic but the reviews said it was one of the quieter accommodations so I wasn't so sure about that one :/

Yeah! I'm actually quite worried about Hamwic being too quiet, so I may end up having it as my second choice, with Deanery as my first instead. Going to be submitting my application as soon as it opens tomorrow morning so hopefully I get in with an en-suite room!
Original post by Breadchuu
Yeah! I'm actually quite worried about Hamwic being too quiet, so I may end up having it as my second choice, with Deanery as my first instead. Going to be submitting my application as soon as it opens tomorrow morning so hopefully I get in with an en-suite room!

That's what I was worried about when considering applying for Hamwic, it'll probably be my 3rd choice, only because I know that Lucia Foster is the best party accommodation, even though it's not en suite which is a bit of a bummer I could get used to it, so that'll be the second choice! I'm applying first thing tomorrow aswell so hopefully we get the pick of the bunch! :smile:
Original post by New- Emperor
i lved in Deanery a few hints if you go down the back nere the Collage there is an amazing Chinise take away and a chip shop alo the OC (if it's still open) is usally a good night avoid Monday as it a gay night (unless you are gay ofcouse) also coud nine and the edge are gay bars so avode them too unless you are gay

whats the best halls to stay in for going out/partying???? want something live
Original post by jordanmorris
whats the best halls to stay in for going out/partying???? want something live

Well I really liked Deanry the rooms were cosey and you had your own bathroom how the halls are set out is quite social and you are close to the shops bars clubs and uni I remember Luci foster Welsh over bummers bridge ( you will find out when you get there)was known as the party hall.Hamwic is men to be quitter but it's all quite nice oh also there are second year hall that they my place you in or you may be plonked in Mercury point that is run by Liberty loving and have a agreement with Solent it's just over the rode from Deanery.
I'm starting Magazine Journalism at Southampton Solent this September and I'm looking for accommodations near the campus. I've booked a viewing on Monday 2nd for 4-7 bedroom houses if anyone is interested?
Original post by New- Emperor
Well I really liked Deanry the rooms were cosey and you had your own bathroom how the halls are set out is quite social and you are close to the shops bars clubs and uni I remember Luci foster Welsh over bummers bridge ( you will find out when you get there)was known as the party hall.Hamwic is men to be quitter but it's all quite nice oh also there are second year hall that they my place you in or you may be plonked in Mercury point that is run by Liberty loving and have a agreement with Solent it's just over the rode from Deanery.

deanery has been full up already apparently so applied with lucia foster as my first, whats the likelihood I will get it? and also what is chantry like? quiet or loud/fun?
lucia foster or LFW as we used to call it was known as the party hall when i was in uni seems nice not too quiet but not to loud if you want a quiet hall try looking at Hamwic you are still close to all the uni stuff but it is know as the quiet hall.
Firmed southampton Solent, will do a music journalism degree if i get in ^.^. Also deanery and lucia foster welch all the way! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending