Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never going to get a boyfriend! Watch

Announcements

I feel so sad about it! I'm 18, 19 soon and I've never kissed anyone or had a boyfriend. I'm in my second year of uni and it's starting to weigh on me. I thought I was attractive before but now I feel so ugly. I live at home which is far from uni so meeting people isn't something I can do easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel so sad about it! I'm 18, 19 soon and I've never kissed anyone or had a boyfriend. I'm in my second year of uni and it's starting to weigh on me. I thought I was attractive before but now I feel so ugly. I live at home which is far from uni so meeting people isn't something I can do easily.
    I think this is one of the sources to your problem, perhaps you could hang out with mates after lectures(clubbbing/drinking/party or whatever) and potentially you'll meet someone?

ReputationRep:
    Solution: stop thinking about it and work extra hard for your degree.

ReputationRep:
    You're only 18, that's young. I know that's probably no help, but it's nonetheless true. Lots of people haven't had a relationship at 18, it really doesn't matter.
    You shouldn't need a relationship to define you. Focus on your studies, work and other things.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of ugly people have a bf/gf.

ReputationRep:
    any reason you haven't even *kissed* anybody, though? I've kissed countless people and I've never had a proper girlfriend/boyfriend - I've had sex with 4 people too, without having been out with anybody before (I'm 22)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    If you PM me a picture of you I'd be happy to give an honest opinion on how you look.

Otherwise, I dunno.. making friends at uni isn't as easy as some make it out to be. But just try to put yourself in positions where you'll meet new people.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.