Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UKMT Intermediate Maths Challenge 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amkay)
    What did you get for q15 about the area of a square in a circle?? (I got pi/4)
    I got the same but it's wrong. I made way too many careless mistakes on this paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snehhz)
    Do you think the boundaries will be lower or higher than last year?
    I think the same or more than last year

ReputationRep:
    I think the thresholds will be higher because last year they were very low!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123Master321)
    I think the same or more than last year
    Is the threshold for gold going to be higher than 80, do you reckon...?

ReputationRep:
    Our year at school had a literal war over that question! I was alone in my answer of 11... Apparently it was right. I notice you said Tegwen and HIS, I used Tegwen as a girl! We spent a long time at lunch discussing her gender...
    Tegwen is a girl's name....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    I know 0 tegwen's

ReputationRep:
    We didn't know. There were a few people that used her as a brother(don't ask me why) and we weren't allowed to keep our papers. So the arguments began.

ReputationRep:
    Was this years paper harder than last years? This is my 1st time doing the Intermediate Challenge so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZainKashif)
    Was this years paper harder than last years? This is my 1st time doing the Intermediate Challenge so I don't know.
    I found it easier but a few of my classmates found it harder

ReputationRep:
    What if Tegwen and their brothers and sisters were grown up? Then there would be 0 children.

ReputationRep:
    We didn't know. There were a few people that used her as a brother(don't ask me why) and we weren't allowed to keep our papers. So the arguments began.
    I didn't actually know it was a girl's name and we're not allowed to keep the paper. I'm pretty sure it said she so I worked It out like that. Yet I misread the question so my answer is wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZainKashif)
    What if Tegwen and their brothers and sisters were grown up? Then there would be 0 children.
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123Master321)
    I know 0 tegwen's
    Same - I checked it up afterwards on a baby name website

ReputationRep:
    I didn't actually know it was a girl's name and we're not allowed to keep the paper. I'm pretty sure it said she so I worked It out like that. Yet I misread the question so my answer is wrong
    Oddly enough that's the question our school went to war over- not any of the harder ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amkay)
    What did you get for q15 about the area of a square in a circle?? (I got pi/4)
    4/5

ReputationRep:
    What did you all get for question 16 (the one were you had to find the answers to four multiplications, and see which were divisible by 24)?

ReputationRep:
    Question 18- C or E?

ReputationRep:
    Oddly enough that's the question our school went to war over- not any of the harder ones!
    We all pretty much gave up on the harder ones - we usually have only like 1 person who goes to the next round.
    Some people put 5 which I was just confused about.
    We did argue about a couple of the harder ones and the fun ones (like the one with the circles and the number from 1-18)

What did people put for the 2016 Liars and truth tellers question?

ReputationRep:
    We all pretty much gave up on the harder ones - we usually have only like 1 person who goes to the next round.
    Some people put 5 which I was just confused about.
    We did argue about a couple of the harder ones and the fun ones (like the one with the circles and the number from 1-18)

What did people put for the 2016 Liars and truth tellers question?
    I never do those questions, I just don't get the logic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1+1=Window)
    What did you all get for question 16 (the one were you had to find the answers to four multiplications, and see which were divisible by 24)?
    Only one of them worked- the last one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.