The Student Room Group

Long-Term Couples: How often do you get jiggy with it?

Just wondering how often couples in serious exclusive relationships (let's say a year is long term) have sex ? My boyfriend and I have been together 4 years and the past couple years it has decreased majorly. It used to be between every day - every few days, but now it's about once a month!
A few times a week usually. We have been together for 2 years.
Reply 2
2 times a week on average. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Been together for seven years now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering how often couples in serious exclusive relationships (let's say a year is long term) have sex ? My boyfriend and I have been together 4 years and the past couple years it has decreased majorly. It used to be between every day - every few days, but now it's about once a month!

It might be an idea to talk to your boyfriend if you'd like it to be more frequent; people have different sex drives so there's no universal relationship standard that you should be comparing your own sex life with.
I've never been in a major LT relationship but in the ones I've been have been a few times a week.
Original post by Spock's Socks
2 times a week on average. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Been together for seven years now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Lord, that's longer than all of high school and sixth form.
Reply 6
1-3 years is still honeymoon period bonkathon time if you fancy the pants off each other. It's after that things tend to deteriorate on the hanky panky front. Stressful jobs and, more than anything, kids take a toll. Much less than once a week on average though and there's not much point in being in a relationship.
Reply 7

around every 2/3 days
about twice a week

(14+ years together)
Communication is key. If you want more, talk/initiate! :smile:
Been together 5 years but haven't had sex for a year :frown:
Been together 5 years but haven't had sex for a year :frown:

I thought you'd been together for four years and had sex once a month?

I smell a troll. :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest