Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Corbyn's CND desecrates whale corpse Watch

ReputationRep:
    The Corbynites have no shame, they will desecrate whale corpses to make a political point.

The only upside to this is that the utter ******* who interfered with the whale only ended up drawing the Mercedes Benz logo rather than the CND logo :lol: Both stupid and malevolent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeoAngliae)
    The Corbynites have no shame, they will desecrate whale corpses to make a political point.

The only upside to this is that the utter ******* who interfered with the whale only ended up drawing the Mercedes Benz logo rather than the CND logo :lol: Both stupid and malevolent

Whoever did it should be arrested for vandalism. That is my genuine opinion.

Who the hell does that? Not to mention it ****s with CSIPs media work completely - and they do really important research that deserves to be publicised far more than these douchebags.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the peace sign/cnd logo to me.

Also pretty misleading thread title, the CND isn't Corbyn's, he isn't even in charge of the CND, he has an honorary role as, iirc, vice-president. CND have existed since Corbyn was still in school.

Anyway I agree with the basic point that whoever did it was completely wrong and frankly an idiot, completely the wrong way to go about making a point that you believe in, whales are majestic animals which, like all other life, should be respected. In the end however it is one person being stupid, not the CND, nor Corbyn or his supporters, of which this person may not eve be one, the CND has a lot of support from the greens, many who are hostile to corbyn, as well as support from the snp, some lib dems and even a tory or two I believe.

ReputationRep:
    CND=/=Corbynite

The CND has existed for decades, is an international movement, and is merely supported by Corbyn.

I'll concede the guy is an idiot for drawing the mercedes logo.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha it is the Merc symbol!

not the CND symbol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    hahaha it is the Merc symbol!

not the CND symbol
    Image from the CND's website of the first badge made of their logo/symbol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Yes and if you look at the fin, the symbol is missing the verticle line at the bottom, making it the mercedes logo.

ReputationRep:
    The whale was dead so clearly didn't give a toss, and it was promptly tossed into a landfill. It's a non-story, but I realise getting outraged over non-stories is a national pastime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    Yes and if you look at the fin, the symbol is missing the verticle line at the bottom, making it the mercedes logo.
    Ah, that's what forgetting your glasses at home does I suppose, I genuinely can't tell from the image

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    The whale was dead so clearly didn't give a toss, and it was promptly tossed into a landfill. It's a non-story, but I realise getting outraged over non-stories is a national pastime.
    This thread reminds me of Daily Mail/The Sun click bait. Conflation of CND and Corbyn, especially in the title for the right wing to feed off.

I wish people were more rational and didn't rely on spin so much to push their political agenda. Not just on this but all things.

Yeah I'm being too idealistic, but I just don't get why people purposely lie and bend facts. The worst part is-people believe it.

ReputationRep:
    Quite.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn and his voters have never cared about animal rights. It's all about killing what's left and building on every green space in the UK to house the third world

ReputationRep:
    The whale was dead and will have been disposed of anyway, I don't see what the outrage is.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was an advert for this?
    http://www.reddoor.biz/clients/cnd-c...a-fashion-week

ReputationRep:
    So much for "Keep calm and carry on" of old.

ReputationRep:
    Ahab's hippie years.

ReputationRep:
    It is a bit tasteless. I wouldn't do it.

But yeah, it doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    and the img on the fin is

ReputationRep:
    How dare they desecrate my ex like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    and the img on the fin is
    I've already reply to someone else about this, see below

Ah, that's what forgetting your glasses at home does I suppose, I genuinely can't tell from the image

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.