Corbyn's CND desecrates whale corpse Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I've already reply to someone else about this, see below
    Sorry Kay just replying to your post to me
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    How's the repetitive strain injury? You know, the one in your fingers from all those straws you've been clutching at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Sorry Kay just replying to your post to me
    Well I had already replied to the exact same point you made because someone beat you to it, perhaps you should work on some original material for next time?

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    How's the repetitive strain injury? You know, the one in your fingers from all those straws you've been clutching at?
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    Well I had already replied to the exact same point you made because someone beat you to it, perhaps you should work on some original material for next time?
    Or, you know, you could wind your neck in and not get pissy when someone replies to a post you made to them.

I know you made yourself look stupid which must be embarrassing but this is not my fault.

ReputationRep:
    Or, you know, you could wind your neck in and not get pissy when someone replies to a post you made to them.

I know you made yourself look stupid which must be embarrassing but this is not my fault.
    I don't feel at all embarrassed, I acknowledged I made a mistake when someone kindly pointed it out, it happens to us all. If anything I don't see why you are getting so worked up about it, I directed you to a reply I gave to someone pointing out the exact same thing as you, given I presumed if you had seen it, as otherwise you'd have had no need to say pretty much the exact same as them.

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel at all embarrassed, I acknowledged I made a mistake when someone kindly pointed it out, it happens to us all. If anything I don't see why you are getting so worked up about it, I directed you to a reply I gave to someone pointing out the exact same thing as you, given I presumed if you had seen it, as otherwise you'd have had no need to say pretty much the exact same as them.
    I'm 'getting worked up about it' as you chastised me for replying to your post to ME

You do know this is how forums work don' t you? you relied to me so I replied to you Jesus when You pointed out you had already responded to someone else I did actually use the word 'sorry'

to which you smartly replied 'perhaps you should work on some original material for next time?'

AH you 'presumed' well guess what I didn't see it as it came after your post to me you know the one I replied to.

But yes it did make you look rather stupid and yes you should be embarrassed by your replies.

ReputationRep:
    Just to add....

Whales and sonar really don't mix, although I believe linking sonar to beachings is somewhat contentious. Given that we carry our nuclear warheads on subs, wtiting CND on a beached whale doesn't seem that irrational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Whoever did it should be arrested for vandalism. That is my genuine opinion.
    Doesn't that imply someone "owns" the whale?

That more offensive :-/

The thing is dead. If it was alive it would be another matter since then you have animal welfare and such like. Like I said before I wouldn't do it. It seems disrespectful, but it isn't on the scale of when green peace desecrated that world heritage site thing :laugh:

I get more wound up when people carve stupid initials into rocks. That lasts forever. This whale is gonna decompose.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 'getting worked up about it' as you chastised me for replying to your post to ME

You do know this is how forums work don' t you? you relied to me so I replied to you Jesus when You pointed out you had already responded to someone else I did actually use the word 'sorry'

to which you smartly replied 'perhaps you should work on some original material for next time?'

AH you 'presumed' well guess what I didn't see it as it came after your post to me you know the one I replied to.

But yes it did make you look rather stupid and yes you should be embarrassed by your replies.
    I apologies if you did mean sorry, I read it in a very passive aggressive way, a downside I am sure we can agree of text and not spoken word. However it isn't an unreasonable presumption in my opinion, my reply to the other person was two hours ago, you replied 40 minutes ago, easily enough time I imagined between my reply and your reply to have seen I already cleared up the matter. If you didn't see it however then I'm sorry for the presumption.

As for my mistake, and these replies, I'm not embarrassed by any of it, I don't feel at all stupid, I made an honest mistake due to my eyesight, I'm not going to let that affect me negatively, and I'm not going to consider an argument on a site I use pretty much purely for debates, over in the MHoC, to make me feel embarrassed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Doesn't that imply someone "owns" the whale?

That more offensive :-/

The thing is dead. If it was alive it would be another matter since then you have animal welfare and such like.
    I believe technically they belong to the queen although how that works alongside the fact it is illegal to own whale parts without a licence I dont know.

Yeah except it totally destroys CSIPs outreach/public info stuff as they can't include photots or films with that in. I don't see why it shouldn't be classed as theirs given they're the people having to do the autopsies.

Plus it just ruins it for everyone else. Seeing a dead spermwhale is a once in a lifetime experience you don't want someone to use it to push their *****y political agenda. Plus spray paint is bad for the environment.

ReputationRep:
    It is only dead a whale.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I apologies if you did mean sorry,
    It's why I used the word Sorry Kay.

But as I say I replied to you this is normal in a forum regardless of times between posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    It is only dead whale.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite

Wonder if it was edible?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    These tools realize we'd still have subs even without trident right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's why I used the word Sorry Kay.

But as I say I replied to you this is normal in a forum regardless of times between posts.
    And as I said I took it to be in a very passive aggressive way, it's hard to tell the difference sometimes when you have only text to go off and not tone. How about we both put this down to misunderstandings and part ways rather than dragging this out even more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I believe technically they belong to the queen although how that works alongside the fact it is illegal to own whale parts without a licence I dont know.

Yeah except it totally destroys CSIPs outreach/public info stuff as they can't include photots or films with that in. I don't see why it shouldn't be classed as theirs given they're the people having to do the autopsies.

Plus it just ruins it for everyone else. Seeing a dead spermwhale is a once in a lifetime experience you don't want someone to use it to push their *****y political agenda. Plus spray paint is bad for the environment.
    All fair points. Apart from the Queen. I couldn't care less about that.

I'm fine with the notion of "ownership" being centered around some kind of community agreement on what we do with these whales. But I still find it troublesome. These whales are going to be used for a political agenda regardless. Even if the guy hadn't of sprayed the CND thing on it. Right now there is talk of whether the beaching is down to human activity, with sonar etc. This public outreach thing is still going to be political. That's politics. Who gets the monopoly on the whale politics?

There are also plenty of picture already without CND logos on it.

ReputationRep:
    Quite

Wonder if it was edible?
    Doubt it, but the fat could have been useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And as I said I took it to be in a very passive aggressive way,
    I said and I quote in full 'Sorry Kay just replying to your post to me'

How the hell can you read that as being passive aggressive? (OK I am now but only as you acting like tit and are still trying to justify this rather than you know being a adult and admitting you are wrong)

Perhaps you could end this by you know saying something like

'Sorry baconandsacuse thank you for replying to the post I made to you'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Doubt it, but the fat could have been useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd given it a go

Haven't had whale for years

ReputationRep:
    I'd given it a go

Haven't had whale for years
    It would need to be eaten fresh like fish I would guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.