The Student Room Group

Corbyn's CND desecrates whale corpse

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
It would need to be eaten fresh like fish I would guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was alive when it beached.

But whale meat last for quite some time and can be persevered to make it last for ages.

Such a waste of a good source of food (but then I have been know to eat road kill as well)
Original post by BaconandSauce
I thought it was alive when it beached.

But whale meat last for quite some time and can be persevered to make it last for ages.

Such a waste of a good source of food (but then I have been know to eat road kill as well)

I too have eaten road kill but it was planned and guaranteed fresh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gwilym101
CND=/=Corbynite
The CND has existed for decades, is an international movement, and is merely supported by Corbyn.

I'll concede the guy is an idiot for drawing the mercedes logo.

Exactly. Corbyn is Vice President of the CND, but that doesn't by any stretch mean he's responsible for this since I highly doubt he'd ask people to spraypaint a whale for the cause.

Similarly, it's not necessarily true that Corbynites in Labour had anything to do with this either. It's entirely possible that these people dislike Corbyn or don't support a Party at all.
Original post by lappy482
Exactly. Corbyn is Vice President of the CND, but that doesn't by any stretch mean he's responsible for this since I highly doubt he'd ask people to spraypaint a whale for the cause.

Similarly, it's not necessarily true that Corbynites in Labour had anything to do with this either. It's entirely possible that these people dislike Corbyn or don't support a Party at all.

Why don't the left have any respect for animals?
Original post by Squirrel777

We do, but this is just a fluke.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Captain Haddock

What do you mean? This seems to be a recurring theme?
What do you mean? This seems to be a recurring theme?

Whoosh

Why would anyone respect a dead animal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's horrible that the poor creature met its end. Yet the left only care about parading on it, taking trophies and not even acknowledging the cause
It's horrible that the poor creature met its end. Yet the left only care about parading on it, taking trophies and not even acknowledging the cause

What cause? What are you talking about?

What are you on about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we eat them?
Original post by BaconandSauce
I said and I quote in full 'Sorry Kay just replying to your post to me'

How the hell can you read that as being passive aggressive? (OK I am now but only as you acting like tit and are still trying to justify this rather than you know being a adult and admitting you are wrong)

Perhaps you could end this by you know saying something like

'Sorry baconandsacuse thank you for replying to the post I made to you'

I apologised for judging your comment to be passive aggressive, and then in my next post suggested we put it behind us and move on, rather than continuing this, yet you continue to, essentially, call me stupid and say I am trying to justify it. I explained that I read it in a sarcastic, passive aggressive way, and once you made clear that wasn't the intention I apologised to you for that.

All I get from this reply however is that you want to argue with me, and that you seem to be getting some kind of kick by trying to appear superior to me or something. Perhaps this isn't the case, but I truly don't understand why you want to drag this out any further when I suggested putting it behind us and leaving it at that given, due to the limits of technology, there was a misunderstanding between our communication.
Original post by Captain Haddock

:congrats:

Well played Sir !

Has someone been drawing cartoons again?
Bacon sandwiches, whale corpses... rabid right wingers really are running out of material...
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
All fair points. Apart from the Queen. I couldn't care less about that.

I'm fine with the notion of "ownership" being centered around some kind of community agreement on what we do with these whales. But I still find it troublesome. These whales are going to be used for a political agenda regardless. Even if the guy hadn't of sprayed the CND thing on it. Right now there is talk of whether the beaching is down to human activity, with sonar etc. This public outreach thing is still going to be political. That's politics. Who gets the monopoly on the whale politics?

There are also plenty of picture already without CND logos on it.

Of course it won't be political - Zsl is a strictly non political organisation. They will write up the autopsy findings and be on their way most likely.

the logo was there before the autopsies were done. Which makes things difficult.
The new Mercedes whale

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending