I keep getting these REALLY BAD headaches

Watch this thread
bluemadhatter
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been getting these headaches for a while now (over a year). Painkillers don't work. I've been to the doctors and she said it was either 2 things; tension headache or eye strain. She told me to go to the opticians or start something that will release tension such as running. I went to the opticians (a few weeks ago) and now I wear glasses for like reading etc I have also started running (a few months ago). But still they wont go away :sad: I don't know what to do!!
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Your safest bet is to go back to the doctors and tell them that what they suggested hasn't worked, from there they should suggest something else or perhaps pass you on to a local hospital which will give you an examination.
Limpopo
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Have you considered a relaxing deep tissue massage?
A321
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I get this too. Not so much now but previously use to get really bad constant headaches which often lasted several days. Pain killers didnt help alot. GP said it was tension headaches and I was prescribed Nortriptyline for a month. Worked a miracle! This was about 2 years ago and since then i've not had a issue until quite recently where they seem to be creeping back.

You should probably go back to your GP!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Best go get it checked out, could be a simple cause but just in case.
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I get the same and they told me the same thing! Turned out I have inflamed sinuses which make my head hurt cause they're always blocked up. In addition to this I get headaches indoors a lot, going outside helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads