Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

creative roles within marketing and pr Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have just graduated with a law degree and for sometime now, i have always been interesting in pursuing a career in marketing, pr or advertising. I know these three fields involve roles that involves creativity and imagination etc. I am looking for any roles within these fields that involves creativity etc.

I want to do something that will involve me coming up with ideas, doing fun activities etc to carry out these ideas. And to clarify, when i say i am looking for something that involves creativity, anything that is too arts based is ruled out due to the fact that i have not got that experience or an art related degree. I am looking for something in-between, i guess.

If anyone knows of a career within marketing , pr, advertising (or even any other field) that matches to what i am looking for etc, let me know.

Thanks!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rurounikenji)
    Hi guys,

I have just graduated with a law degree and for sometime now, i have always been interesting in pursuing a career in marketing, pr or advertising. I know these three fields involve roles that involves creativity and imagination etc. I am looking for any roles within these fields that involves creativity etc.

I want to do something that will involve me coming up with ideas, doing fun activities etc to carry out these ideas. And to clarify, when i say i am looking for something that involves creativity, anything that is too arts based is ruled out due to the fact that i have not got that experience or an art related degree. I am looking for something in-between, i guess.

If anyone knows of a career within marketing , pr, advertising (or even any other field) that matches to what i am looking for etc, let me know.

Thanks!
    Apply for grad schemes at the big advertising agencies or marketing groups (e.g. WPP).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Apply for grad schemes at the big advertising agencies or marketing groups (e.g. WPP).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply, mate. Most of the grad schemes i have seen from advertising agencies are looking for those with graphic related degree's/experience. I studied law so i am pretty far off.

ReputationRep:
    Your post will confuse people. Creative roles within the marketing and advertising industry involve art and design. You want the managerial or planning jobs.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, mate. Most of the grad schemes i have seen from advertising agencies are looking for those with graphic related degree's/experience. I studied law so i am pretty far off.
    Creative agencies have account teams. They are the people who liaise with the clients and they are more business/marketing oriented than pure creative. Also the strategists and researchers. Grad schemes will include those roles, not just the crayon teams...

Also look at the media agencies: MediaCom, OMD, Carat, ZenithOptimedia, etc. These are the companies that plan and buy the media for the ads to appear in. They are a very important part of the marketing mix, and often account teams will be controlling very large client budgets (think how much Waitrose spends on running TV ads at Christmas time, it's a lot more than the cost of creating the ad).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    Your post will confuse people. Creative roles within the marketing and advertising industry involve art and design. You want the managerial or planning jobs.
    Will the managerial/planning jobs include the coming up with ideas for stunts and campaigns?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Will the managerial/planning jobs include the coming up with ideas for stunts and campaigns?
    Yes. They plan (and sometimes deliver) the campaign.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/advertisi...escription.htm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.