Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional for them both for history but not sure where is best to go. They both were pretty close on the league table i looked at

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!

From my knowledge, overall, Brunel has a much better reputation than to De Montford.. Like on a general basis but I don't think reputation is everything. Of course it's important but I feel there are a lot more important things that come into play when choosing Universities. I guess it just depends on what it is you're looking for and what you want to get out of uni. Personally, I looked out for things like:
    - course outline (is it more practical (eg: workshops) or is it mainly lectures - which would be best for your learning style)
    - student accomodation & standard of living there (both inside and outside of halls as you obvs have to move out 2nd year)
    - distance from home (do you wanna be further/nearer)
    - do you know anyone that's going there (this is a make or break for some people)
    - travel
    - drop out rates
    - student reviews
    - employability rates
    - the city itself (what's around, nightlife, easy to find a job)

And any other things you may find that will pull you towards a university (again, depends what you're looking for)

I was also offered an unconditional at De Montfort

Anyway, best of luck & I hope I helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.