Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know what's happening... Watch

Announcements

So there's this guy I've liked for a while now. He's on my course and I see him every day in lectures. He is quite shy and introvert, so it is difficult to maintain a decent conversation with him. I got to know him more because he helped me with work and exams, and we kind of spoke more.

However, he's really hot and cold. Like, one time he came into the lecture theatre and instead of sitting with his close friend, he came up to my row and asked if he could sit next to me (his friend looked at him weirdly and said something in another language idk what). Then at times he would completely blank me and not acknowledge my existence. A few times he's sat in front of me and he doesn't even say hello, I don't get what's going on?

He asked my close guy friend if we were going out and my friend cleared it up for us (because we spend time with each other so much), but was he just curious because he always see us together? When I am with my guy friend he doesn't speak to me much, but when I'm alone or with his friends he talks slightly more?

It's just so annoying because I cannot read him, and I know all his friends have said he is hard to maintain a conversation with, but I feel like I'm annoying him more than ever...what shall I do?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there's this guy I've liked for a while now. He's on my course and I see him every day in lectures. He is quite shy and introvert, so it is difficult to maintain a decent conversation with him. I got to know him more because he helped me with work and exams, and we kind of spoke more.

However, he's really hot and cold. Like, one time he came into the lecture theatre and instead of sitting with his close friend, he came up to my row and asked if he could sit next to me (his friend looked at him weirdly and said something in another language idk what). Then at times he would completely blank me and not acknowledge my existence. A few times he's sat in front of me and he doesn't even say hello, I don't get what's going on?

He asked my close guy friend if we were going out and my friend cleared it up for us (because we spend time with each other so much), but was he just curious because he always see us together? When I am with my guy friend he doesn't speak to me much, but when I'm alone or with his friends he talks slightly more?

It's just so annoying because I cannot read him, and I know all his friends have said he is hard to maintain a conversation with, but I feel like I'm annoying him more than ever...what shall I do?
    I don't think you annoy him at all. Maybe him ignoring you is just a ploy. The other things you've mentioned sounds like something an introverted person tends to do when they like someone.

Maybe if you could get his number or add him on Facebook and try to talk to him there, maybe talking would be a bit more easier.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it will be a ploy maybe try to get in a situation where its just you & him so that yous can bond a little. maybe ask him what hes doing this week , then when you leave say oh add me on Facebook yeah. then you can get to know more about each other at your own pace as you have time to think what to say over the web.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I don't think you annoy him at all. Maybe him ignoring you is just a ploy. The other things you've mentioned sounds like something an introverted person tends to do when they like someone.

Maybe if you could get his number or add him on Facebook and try to talk to him there, maybe talking would be a bit more easier.
    I have his number and Facebook and we've messaged a few times, but he doesn't really text much and I sent the last message so I don't feel like I should message him again aha, with his guy friends he seems to be able to message fine, so I guess it's awkward...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have his number and Facebook and we've messaged a few times, but he doesn't really text much and I sent the last message so I don't feel like I should message him again aha, with his guy friends he seems to be able to message fine, so I guess it's awkward...
    Next lecture just go up to him and say "but do u wanna bang doe?" and walk off.... should clear up any confusion

ReputationRep:
    Is he autistic?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.