The Student Room Group

Italian town welcomes first baby for 30 years

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baleh
we want to have 6 children anyway, so the defence of western civilisation is just a bonus

There is a German politician (female) with 7 children... Ursula von der Leyen

Defence Minister, possible successor to Merkel

Can't help but admire the ability to mother 7 kids and help run a country!
Reply 41
Original post by Hydeman
Fair enough. Kudos to your future wife for her service. :hat2:

i will be performing an essential role in the process too, where is my kudos? :colonhash:
Reply 42
Original post by Mathemagicien

Can't help but admire the ability to mother 7 kids and help run a country!

wow, mightily impressive

women are clearly the superior sex imho
Original post by baleh
i will be performing an essential role in the process too, where is my kudos? :colonhash:

Essential? Yes. Extremely long, uncomfortable and painful? Well, if that's the case, you need to see a doctor. :rofl:
Reply 44
Original post by Hydeman
Essential? Yes. Extremely long, uncomfortable and painful? Well, if that's the case, you need to see a doctor. :rofl:

my gf's pain is my pain, so we will share the discomfort and pain <3
Original post by baleh
my gf's pain is my pain

This only works on her, my friend. :rolleyes:
Reply 46
Original post by Hydeman
This only works on her, my friend. :rolleyes:

:wink:
Original post by baleh
we want to have 6 children anyway, so the defence of western civilisation is just a bonus

Actually supporting Sanders though :rofl:

This aside, kudos for making sure you have enough children propping up the state when you retire and all that, but I really don't see why people in Britain and Germany think a falling population has to be such a bad thing. Maybe it would encourage the government to stop using real estate to pretend we have real economic growth.
Reply 48
Original post by Dick Diamonds
Actually supporting Sanders though :rofl:

and what :erm:

clinton is a joke, and the entire republican party is basically the US' version of the taliban

This aside, kudos for making sure you have enough children propping up the state when you retire and all that, but I really don't see why people in Britain and Germany think a falling population has to be such a bad thing. Maybe it would encourage the government to stop using real estate to pretend we have real economic growth.

we won't be staying in britain, i love the country and its history/people etc, but there are far better places in the world (and even in europe)
Reply 49
Ethnic German are finished they are declining and will be a thing of the past in the future
Certainly.some paranoid people heee
Reply 51
Original post by The_Internet
Certainly.some paranoid people heee

what do you mean by this?

do you dispute the population projections for germany in the OP?
Original post by baleh
what do you mean by this?

do you dispute the population projections for germany in the OP?

I'm on about people like you who believe that you need 6 or 7 kids to "protect western civilisation"
Original post by baleh
and what :erm:

clinton is a joke, and the entire republican party is basically the US' version of the taliban

Nothing :smile:

He's probably the most genuine of those in the running, even if he is a bit of a wet flannel.

Original post by baleh

we won't be staying in britain, i love the country and its history/people etc, but there are far better places in the world (and even in europe)

Good, let it all collapse
Look up hikikomori (modern day hermits)

I don't see why Brits have swallowed this BS about Japan being a terrible place, simply because it has a falling population.

They have extremely low crime rates, falling property prices in the capital and have experienced deflation in parts of the 21st century.

Meanwhile in the capital of 'Great' Britain

'Bespoke, luxury apartments created by our handpicked inter-designers'
I don't see why Brits have swallowed this BS about Japan being a terrible place, simply because it has a falling population.

They have extremely low crime rates, falling property prices in the capital and have experienced deflation in parts of the 21st century.

I agree Japan is a great place, but it still has huge problems: demographic, 'lost generation' from their long recession, high suicide rate... it is rotting from the core

Also, deflation is a sign of falling demand, which is usually a very bad sign for any economy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The_Internet
I'm on about people like you who believe that you need 6 or 7 kids to "protect western civilisation"

This is an unfair implication that he is racist which I assure you is far from the truth.
I agree Japan is a great place, but it has a huge problems: demographic, 'lost generation' from their long recession, high suicide rate...

Also, deflation is a sign of falling demand, which is usually a very bad sign for any economy.

I agree deflation can be bad for the economy, I am not financially illiterate, but I question,for whom specifically is it bad?

Most of the economic metrics by which we state the health of the economy are fairly poor indicators of good things are for the average person.

Slight digression but it's kind of like the British Empire, it was a criminal racket which probably hurt the average Brit, but the elite taught them to sing 'Rule Britannia' as if killing a bunch of French/Prussians actually means anything to them.
I agree deflation can be bad for the economy, I am not financially illiterate, but I question,for whom specifically is it bad?

IMO, its often a good thing, but a bad sign... if you understand

(Until people decide to delay their purchases, to get a better deal, in which case it hurts producers, their employees, and eventually everyone else...)

Most of the economic metrics by which we state the health of the economy are fairly poor indicators of good things are for the average person.

I absolutely agree - things have gone downhill ever since we decided the economy is the best metric for human worth
(edited 8 years ago)
This is an unfair implication that he is racist which I assure you is far from the truth.

What? He said it himself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending