Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Italian town welcomes first baby for 30 years Watch

(Original post by The_Internet)
    Hardly fair. You can bwliwve that overpopulation of humans is a drain on the planet whilst still being alive yourself.
    Yes, but that is hypocritical - assuming you want the best for the planet, of course

I'm not advocating suicide, of course, but I'm saying that its hypocritical to say humans should commit suicide, or substantially reduce their numbers, while still living your life, and enjoying Western standards of living (and wastefulness)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    If you honestly believe that, then you believe you yourself are a drain on the planet...

But you clearly have not done anything about that - double standards much?
    Do you expect me to kill myself? It would be pointless now considering there are over 7 billion humans on the planet.

That being said, I do not plan to have biological children but instead adopt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Do you expect me to kill myself? It would be pointless now considering there are over 7 billion humans on the planet.
    Every little helps.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but that is hypocritical - assuming you want the best for the planet, of course

I'm not advocating suicide, of course, but I'm saying that its hypocritical to say humans should commit suicide, or substantially reduce their numbers, while still living your life, and enjoying Western standards of living (and wastefulness)
    It can be achieved by simply having less and less kids tbh as well ie: so.they enjoy the same sorta life style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    Every little helps.
    This isn't Tesco

Speaking of which, supermarkets are guilty of huge amounts of waste, throwing away perfectly good food, not even giving to charity

ReputationRep:
    This isn't Tesco

Speaking of which, supermarkets are guilty of huge amounts of waste, throwing away perfectly good food, not even giving to charity
    If people lived more sustainably, the number of humans would be no problem for the planet

Wouldn't it be better if you campaigned to reduce waste, and cut CO2 emissions, rather than simply campaigning for fewer humans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    It can be achieved by simply having less and less kids tbh as well ie: so.they enjoy the same sorta life style.
    But it can't - that would give us a lot more elderly people to support, which would increasingly impact the lifestyle of each new generation.

Also, scientific advances would be reduced, so economic growth per capita would too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    If people lived more sustainably, the number of humans would be no problem for the planet

Wouldn't it be better if you campaigned to reduce waste, and cut CO2 emissions, rather than simply campaigning for fewer humans?
    I'm not as optimistic about human nature as you are, look at the state of the planet as it is, wherever the environment and economics are at a clash, economics and money will always win over because it is human nature to accumulate wealth and resources

That being said, I do not plan to have biological children but instead adopt.
    Its good of you to adopt - if I couldn't have my own children, I would do so too

See my post above yours

(Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    Also, scientific advances would be reduced, so economic growth per capita would too.
    And you propose bringing in a lot of migrants from the third world to rectify this issue?Oh right, they are all scientists and engineers... silly me

ReputationRep:
    Its good of you to adopt - if I couldn't have my own children, I would do so too

See my post above yours
    I'm not suggesting or implying people commit suicide en masse to dramatically reduce surface population, that's not what I said at all.

I just think people should stop having kids for a period of time until the human population becomes more sustainable

I'm not suggesting or implying people commit suicide en masse to dramatically reduce surface population, that's not what I said at all.

I just think people should stop having kids for a period of time until the human population becomes more sustainable
    I didn't think you said that - but you think humans existing is a problem, and you are a human, and you exist...

As OP says, sustainability of population varies with lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    The idea that population decline is a problem requiring this sheer scale of self-destructive nonsense is a funny one.

Immigration is fine, but like all things, in moderation.

This **** is making it worse for all involved. The locals. The immigrants & refugees genuinely wanting to give it a fair go. Everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think you said that - but you think humans existing is a problem, and you are a human, and you exist...

As OP says, sustainability of population varies with lifestyle.
    Negative, I am ginger, I do not have a soul. Therefore I am not human and this does not apply to me. I am also half genetically Kryptonian

Feel free to read into whatever I said anyway.

Negative, I am ginger, I do not have a soul. Therefore I am not human and this does not apply to me. I am also half genetically Kryptonian

Feel free to read into whatever I said anyway.
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:
    You like redheads too? :rofl:

You like redheads too? :rofl:
    Yes

Lets make some babies togeth- oh wait

You hate babies :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather live in an under populated planet the planet is slowly running out of resources

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Lets make some babies togeth- oh wait

You hate babies :cry:
    Babies are ugly, have cute mice instead

Babies are ugly, have cute mice instead
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    :lolwut:
    Iz nat cyoot 2 u?

Name:  cute mouse.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  79.7 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.