Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A123 - Crisis Committee Amendment Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Has it existed for 8 months or has it existed for 6? Simple question. And you say it's finding its feet, does this mean that you would support a failing Quango IRL even when it has been failing for the best part of a decade, and if they say "oh, but we're changing" you would give them another 5 years?
    Define "supporting" - you don't pay for it and aren't even obliged to take part in it, that's not "supporting" us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nay
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Nay give TBM a chance
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    If hazzer is busy writing some crap for the CC how can he be writing legislation to forget he is a member of a party with?
    Sorry ? If i write stuff for the CC then i forget im a party member ? In confused
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    That's a poor argument, also time spent on CC doesn't translate into time spent otherwise writing bills.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whilst there is no guarantee there is potential, in much the same way that all time is money, even if you would not ordinarily be working, you COULD be doing something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Sorry ? If i write stuff for the CC then i forget im a party member ? In confused
    You forget anyway, and here probably isn't yet the place to talk about it)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You forget anyway, and here probably isn't yet the place to talk about it)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you PM me what you mean please
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Removing the Crisis Committee could cause conditions for a revolution and it could be very, very bad indeed. Perhaps this is what UKIP intend? I would like to ask Nigel Farage why he believes this amendment is necessary???
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Removing the Crisis Committee could cause conditions for a revolution and it could be very, very bad indeed. Perhaps this is what UKIP intend? I would like to ask Nigel Farage why he believes this amendment is necessary???
    As a seconder, it's because they've been active for a year and all they have done is release 2 very silly crises. Personally, rather than making up hypothetical situations we should focus on RL crises and the CC members should instead be making legislation or doing anything that's of a higher priority (Which is just about anything)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    As a seconder, it's because they've been active for a year and all they have done is release 2 very silly crises. Personally, rather than making up hypothetical situations we should focus on RL crises and the CC members should instead be making legislation or doing anything that's of a higher priority (Which is just about anything)
    I completely agree.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What is the Crisis Committee?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    When something does not do the job it was meant to do after nearly a year of operation it is time to end the idea, choosing to use the resources to do something more productive.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    A Committee made up of 1 member from each party that come up with hypothetical situations for the Government to respond to

ReputationRep:
    Whilst there is no guarantee there is potential, in much the same way that all time is money, even if you would not ordinarily be working, you COULD be doing something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still clutching at straws as an argument

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Yes, the aim if the crises are indeed to be realistic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    When something does not do the job it was meant to do after nearly a year of operation it is time to end the idea, choosing to use the resources to do something more productive.
    Or install a leader to improve conditions, which we've JUST done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the added benefit of those who aren't familiar with the CC, we have been slow in making crisis, but that's because its a new concept, with no specific guidelines. There is no actual benefit of removing the crisis committee, and while people are prepared to support it, it should be allowed to continue.

I have recently been elected chair, I deserve a chance to see if I can make improvements, should I believe this no longer feasible, I've offered, along with Petros (its inventor) to back any amendment to end it.

We deserve a chance to fix out mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Quite. It was a bad idea from the start, it's had time to prove itself and it hasn't done so.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Or install a leader to improve conditions, which we've JUST done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It should have been done eight months ago; the chairman cannot complain about a proposal to close down the Crisis Committee when the chairman has not bothered to call for a chair in the time since the Crisis Committee's conception.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Still clutching at straws as an argument

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So are you trying to tell me that all members of the CC are capable of working on stuff relating to the CC as well as party matters at the exact same time?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.