The Student Room Group

LNAT results - good enough?

Hi! I just got my LNAT results. What are my chances of being accepted into King's College if my score was 22? I really feel disappointed in myself but my first language is not English, if that helps. Please reply.
Reply 1
No one can tell you what unis will make of your score. People have gotten offers with below average scores, and the point is that however they view it, it's part of your whole application which goes along with your personal statement, your academic reference and your grades/predicted grades. 22 is pretty much bang on the average so it's not bad - it's fine. Wait and see what offers you get. No point second guessing or assuming the worst.
Original post by LouiseeP
Hi! I just got my LNAT results. What are my chances of being accepted into King's College if my score was 22? I really feel disappointed in myself but my first language is not English, if that helps. Please reply.

This years average was 23.3 but we don't have much of an idea without grades etc you never can tell what offers uni's make. Some people who got 19 are getting into Oxford and some who got 32 are getting rejected from UCL.
Just found out I got 29 for my LNAT....sigh....the most shocking thing is I didn't feel like the test was difficult when I was doing it. o.O Already got rejected by UCL and LSE. Now I'm just waiting on KCL to deal the next blow. TBH, I'm mostly over it. It's been months after all. And I already got my offer letter from my dream school. Still....wanna commiserate (whine, rant)?
If you don't mind me asking, what were your grades for A levels? I got the same lnat score as you and am still waiting for replies from ucl and kcl :frown:(
Reply 5
Original post by GenevieveLee
Just found out I got 29 for my LNAT....sigh....the most shocking thing is I didn't feel like the test was difficult when I was doing it. o.O Already got rejected by UCL and LSE. Now I'm just waiting on KCL to deal the next blow. TBH, I'm mostly over it. It's been months after all. And I already got my offer letter from my dream school. Still....wanna commiserate (whine, rant)?

This post is nonsense. You say were rejected by 2 top 10 unis but no big deal because your dream uni accepted you, and you insinuate that your LNAT score, which is far above average, is terrible.
Original post by M518
This post is nonsense. You say were rejected by 2 top 10 unis but no big deal because your dream uni accepted you, and you insinuate that your LNAT score, which is far above average, is terrible.

It was a big deal to me initially. But as I said, it's been months and I've gotten over it. And whether my LNAT score is terrible or not, is a matter of perspective, don't you think? It's only useful as far as whether it gets me accepted, and so far it's done a pretty horrible job. So for me, it is terrible.
Meanwhile, your reply comes across as rather POed. I'm not here to pick a fight with anyone so.... I hope whatever is making you unhappy/frustrated comes to an end. (if it's this post, feel free to ignore it)
Original post by Tiffanytfy
If you don't mind me asking, what were your grades for A levels? I got the same lnat score as you and am still waiting for replies from ucl and kcl :frown:(

Tiffany, I got 2A*2A. I hope you get good news from your schools =D
Reply 8
It was a big deal to me initially. But as I said, it's been months and I've gotten over it. And whether my LNAT score is terrible or not, is a matter of perspective, don't you think? It's only useful as far as whether it gets me accepted, and so far it's done a pretty horrible job. So for me, it is terrible.
Meanwhile, your reply comes across as rather POed. I'm not here to pick a fight with anyone so.... I hope whatever is making you unhappy/frustrated comes to an end. (if it's this post, feel free to ignore it)

pathetic. if 22/23 is the average, 29 is not terrible, subjectively or objectively. read OP's post, then look at yours. and there is no logic in your inference that your LNAT result has led to rejections. if anything, your objectively very high score would imply, conversely, that the other components of your application would have led to rejection.
Original post by M518
pathetic. if 22/23 is the average, 29 is not terrible, subjectively or objectively. read OP's post, then look at yours. and there is no logic in your inference that your LNAT result has led to rejections. if anything, your objectively very high score would imply, conversely, that the other components of your application would have led to rejection.

The feedback I was given explicitly stated it was because of my LNAT score that I was rejected. But feel free to continue displaying your expert opinions, my dear. I'm sure there are people who are dying to hear it. ;-)
Why are there so many self-important trolls on TSR? I joined last year, and most people have been
helpful and supportive, but it's disheartening to be continuously attacked by people who are convinced of their own importance, under the guise of educating others.
Oh ****, that message was not meant to go here. Sorry, OP, if this messes up your thread. I didn't mean to. Just really bad at using mobile tsr. Don't worry, i won't be continuing this disagreement :-X
Thank you, Genevie :smile: all the best in yout future endeavours too!

Tiffany, I got 2A*2A. I hope you get good news from your schools =D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending