Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a Christian anything Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Title

ReputationRep:
    How do you circumcise a Catholic priest?

Kick a choir boy in the jaw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CottonEyedJoe)
    Title
    Exactly how low is your IQ?

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe that followers of false religions and all other non-Christians are destined to burn in hell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heineken)
    Exactly how low is your IQ?
    I've had varying results form online tests. None of them were low though, sorry.

(Original post by JurgenTheGerman)
    How do you circumcise a Catholic priest?

Kick a choir boy in the jaw.
    Dohohoho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    Do you believe that followers of false religions and all other non-Christians are destined to burn in hell?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Intriguing. On a finer point in my previous statement - do you believe that Christianity is the only true religion and that our Christian God is the only deity in the universe?

ReputationRep:
    Intriguing. On a finer point in my previous statement - do you believe that Christianity is the only true religion and that our Christian God is the only deity in the universe?
    Why is that intriguing? The largest sects (Catholic, Orthodox and Anglican) generally do not teach that faith is a guarantee of salvation or that nonbelief is a guarantee of damnation.

And yes.

Off topic, but this made me think of that Andy Parsons' joke about getting to heaven and your chosen diety lifting up a card that says, "Bluff." :laugh:

Since it's an AMA ... how strictly would you say you adhere to the religion? Also - do you take the Bible to be literal or believe it's more open to interepretation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Off topic, but this made me think of that Andy Parsons' joke about getting to heaven and your chosen diety lifting up a card that says, "Bluff." :laugh:

Since it's an AMA ... how strictly would you say you adhere to the religion? Also - do you take the Bible to be literal or believe it's more open to interepretation?
    I am a practicing Anglo Catholic, but I am not an exemplary one. My standards for 'devout' are pretty high.

'Literal' or 'open to interpretation' is a false dichotomy. I do not believe it is literal, but that doesn't mean I can go around interpreting it however I like either.

ReputationRep:
    I've had varying results form online tests. None of them were low though, sorry.

Dohohoho
    How long have you repressed your sexualitt?

I am a practicing Anglo Catholic, but I am not an exemplary one. My standards for 'devout' are pretty high.

'Literal' or 'open to interpretation' is a false dichotomy. I do not believe it is literal, but that doesn't mean I can go around interpreting it however I like either.
    Surely, if you don't take it to be literal, you are interpreting it to a certain extent? If you don't take the Bible at its word, you are using your own prerogative beyond that - surely, that would mean you feel it's 'open to interpretation'? Otherwise, you would take it as fact.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you repressed your sexualitt?
    Do you mean when did I last have sex?
    Not that long ago. I fell away from the church in my teens and was pretty liberal throughout college and uni.

Your understanding of sex and religion is childish btw

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean when did I last have sex?
    Not that long ago. I fell away from the church in my teens and was pretty liberal throughout college and uni.

Your understanding of sex and religion is childish btw
    Well childish sex is more your ballpark yo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Surely, if you don't take it to be literal, you are interpreting it to a certain extent? If you don't take the Bible at its word, you are using your own prerogative beyond that - surely, that would mean you feel it's 'open to interpretation'? Otherwise, you would take it as fact.
    There is a near 2000 year old tradition of interpretation that has been passed down by the Church, and they never considered it to be the literal word of God. Biblical literalism and interpreting the Bible for yourself did not exist until circa 500 years ago and funnily enough the two are linked to the same tradition (protestantism)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Roman Catholic or a priest. Nice try though.
    Just fuxing with you brah, you CoE?

ReputationRep:
    Just fuxing with you brah, you CoE?
    Yes. High church though.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you come from? Where did you go?

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    Where did you come from? Where did you go?
    Where did you come from, Cotton Eyed Joe? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about what you believe about the second coming of Christ. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.