The Student Room Group

Ask a Christian anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by champ_mc99
Tell me about what you believe about the second coming of Christ. Thanks

How could one not believe in the second coming of Christ when I'm right here? :holmes:
Reply 21
This thread is open and diverse it accepts challenge, unlike muslim threads were people are banned for questioing muslim ideas

I strongly believe it is coming. I think Christ said he would come when the world has abandoned the teachings of Christ.
Reply 23
Nice to see a Christian who actually understands his faith. It is very common for atheists to think they have everything all figured out about Christianity and yet this thread demonstrates, two key theological ideas: damnation and literalism completely misunderstood by the average person.
Reply 24
Which quote from the Bible is your favourite?

Not sure. We are not encouraged to draw any conclusions from Revelation. We definitely don't believe in the sunday school protestant vision of Jesus swooping in on a cloud, though.

Original post by *Stefan*
Which quote from the Bible is your favourite?

Psalm 23

Original post by whorace
Nice to see a Christian who actually understands his faith. It is very common for atheists to think they have everything all figured out about Christianity and yet this thread demonstrates, two key theological ideas: damnation and literalism completely misunderstood by the average person.

You say this but there is a lot I still don't understand. I only came back to the Church recently after having ignored it for most of my adult life.

But yes, if Biblical literalists weren't a thing then 90% of the ire against Christianity would vanish overnight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Case in point of why we don't encourage drawing conclusions from scripture:

Original post by Ekemini
I strongly believe it is coming. I think Christ said he would come when the world has abandoned the teachings of Christ.
Original post by Ekemini

Any details on what He will bring/do?
is Corbyn the anti-Christ or is that Ms Abbott ? so confusing
Original post by CottonEyedJoe
Case in point of why we don't encourage drawing conclusions from scripture:

What do you mean?
Any details on what He will bring/do?

They are in different places in the bible. Mainly Revelations, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel.
Judgement, death, suffering......
Are you going to have sex before marriage?
Original post by CottonEyedJoe
Title

favourite food?

Quick Reply

Latest