Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help I'm in year 11 and I have 4 months left till my GCSEs and I want mostly A's Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am in year 11 and I have my GCSE exams coming up and I would like some advice from any one on how to get these grades below:Maths- how can I get an A* in statistics coursework any person doing please give me advice( exam board Edxecel)English- I am doing igcse Cambridge extended reading paper and I was wondering how can I get an A/A*. My coursework is igcse as well how can I get an A/B for my writing to describe, how can I get an A/B for my respond and how can I get an A/B for my persuasive writing and speaking and listening.SCience- I'm doing cor and additional I how can I get an A* for my controlled assessment and A*/A* for exam( exam board OCRReligion- I'm doing citizenship and philosophy how can I get an A* exam board (Aqa)History- how can I get A/B in controlled assessment and A/B in exam ( exam board edexecel)Art- how can I get C/B I'm doing outlines exam board (AQA)I would really appreciate the advice as I want to be a doctor and I know you need mostly A/A* grades

ReputationRep:
    For all the exams you mentioned all you need to do is do past papers you can get your hands on!

I know everyone says this, and I'm sorry I can't be more specific to you, but everyone says it for a reason- because it works.

At GCSE the same questions come up time and time again, so go through mark schemes and learn the model answers. When you finish a paper, mark it yourself and re-do any questions you got wrong. I write the question on one side of a cue card, and the answer on the other. Then I am learning the correct response, and I am creating a future revision tool- very productive haha.

As for controlled assessments and coursework, just listen to your teacher, do all the preparation you can and don't worry too much! You clearly have a good work ethic so that should hold you in good ground.

Good luck with your GCSEs. Hope you get your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elena2710)
    For all the exams you mentioned all you need to do is do past papers you can get your hands on!

I know everyone says this, and I'm sorry I can't be more specific to you, but everyone says it for a reason- because it works.

At GCSE the same questions come up time and time again, so go through mark schemes and learn the model answers. When you finish a paper, mark it yourself and re-do any questions you got wrong. I write the question on one side of a cue card, and the answer on the other. Then I am learning the correct response, and I am creating a future revision tool- very productive haha.

As for controlled assessments and coursework, just listen to your teacher, do all the preparation you can and don't worry too much! You clearly have a good work ethic so that should hold you in good ground.

Good luck with your GCSEs. Hope you get your grades.
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.