Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm an unattractive female, AMA Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But unfortunately we are a social species who do rely on each other so it does get me down.
    F**ck their opinion, you don't need others to tell you that you are beautiful. If you say to yourself 'I am beautiful' you'll start to see yourself that way. Have the strength and confidence from within to love who you are and how you look, because you are unique and you are beautiful xxx

(Original post by heineken)
    People like different things, you'll find someone to hit up dat bootay.
    The most I will ever get is humped and dumped in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't bother with anyone any more as I'm sick of being called ugly so I'd rather be alone it doesn't matter who I surround myself with.
    If you are surround yourself with beautiful people (their personality and heart beautiful) then you will also feel beautiful inside and out. People who make you feel good and make you laugh and make you forget about how you look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    Honestly the only thing that is unattractive are the people who you've been surrounding yourself with. People who call you that don't deserve a place in your life. You just need a couple self esteem boosters!

everyone is beautiful in their own way
    "In their own way", I hate when people say such ignorant statements like that.

If the OP is "unattractive" then she's unattractive no point trying to water it down and try to make her feel better about herself, while disregarding the elephant in the room. But the thing with beauty is it can be changed with just the slightest of improvements, so OP is most probably "unattractive" but that can be changed.

ReputationRep:
    I still get called unattractive now though, granted not as much as being in the playground.
    Have you ever tried improving your appearance?
    Everyone can look good if they put the effort in...losing weight, finding clothes that compliment your figure, finding the best hairstyle to suit your face/look, wearing a bit of makeup, posture....it seriously all adds up...

ReputationRep:
    alot of us are but there's nothing I can do so I just cba to dwell on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaa dunno)
    "In their own way", I hate when people say such ignorant statements like that.

If the OP is "unattractive" then she's unattractive no point trying to water it down and try to make her feel better about herself, while disregarding the elephant in the room. But the thing with beauty is it can be changed with just the slightest of improvements, so OP is most probably "unattractive" but that can be changed.
    its not ignorant, its true.

There are loads of people who are actually beautiful and regard themselves as "unattractive", just because she thinks it doesn't mean it is true. She also seems to have a really low esteem due to bullying which is another factor why she might believe she is unattractive when actually she probably isn't.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    False. No one is truly unattractive, attractiveness is based on perspective; it is subjective, you just meet the wrong people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dont say that, everyone is beautiful, Stay positive

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    The most I will ever get is humped and dumped in the dark.
    You overestimate how diverse peoples tastes are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    alot of us are but there's nothing I can do so I just cba to dwell on it
    You're far from unattractive

(Original post by Biryani007)
    Have you ever tried improving your appearance?
    Everyone can look good if they put the effort in...losing weight, finding clothes that compliment your figure, finding the best hairstyle to suit your face/look, wearing a bit of makeup, posture....it seriously all adds up...
    Yeah... I weigh 47kg and go to the gym, I wear nice department store clothing, I've grown my hair long and I don't dye it to keep the condition, I wear luxury brand make up, not sure about posture.... I still can't fix my ugly so the harder I try the worse I feel sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heineken)
    You overestimate how diverse peoples tastes are.
    You mean underestimate?

Yeah... I weigh 47kg and go to the gym, I wear nice department store clothing, I've grown my hair long and I don't dye it to keep the condition, I wear luxury brand make up, not sure about posture.... I still can't fix my ugly so the harder I try the worse I feel sometimes.
    You can't possibly be unattractive then...

ReputationRep:
    Are you IMSOACADEMIC? What did your Dad actually say? Also I am in the same position although obv not a girl so don;t know what to suggest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    its not ignorant, its true.

There are loads of people who are actually beautiful and regard themselves as "unattractive", just because she thinks it doesn't mean it is true. She also seems to have a really low esteem due to bullying which is another factor why she might believe she is unattractive when actually she probably isn't.
    are me and my brother nhamanseyou attractive too?

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/upl...me-Face-14.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I used to get called ugly all the time as a kid, please don't let those things define how attractive you are now...puberty is amazing, it works wonders for everyone...
    Not really, I used to be really cute, like Macaulay Culkin cute... now I'm a mess.

(Original post by Andy98)
    False. No one is truly unattractive, attractiveness is based on perspective; it is subjective, you just meet the wrong people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do I meet the right people? I've met a lot of people already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cubic^3)
    are me and my brother nhamanseyou attractive too?

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/upl...me-Face-14.jpg
    i bet you both have wonderful personalities xox

ReputationRep:
    You mean underestimate?

You can't possibly be unattractive then...
    Sorry im like, super high.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.