The Student Room Group

A2 English literature coursework

Hi there!
I'm currently in the middle of my English lit coursework and I'm stressing out. My question focuses on One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest, A Clockwork Orange and poetry by Sylvia Plath, and it's about how the pressure of society can lead to self destruction. I'm about 2/3 of the way on my essay but I'm struggling to find more links between texts. My English teacher isn't supporting me as well as she should so can anyone help or give suggestions please?
Thanks in advance!
Original post by amanda11almeida
Hi there!
I'm currently in the middle of my English lit coursework and I'm stressing out. My question focuses on One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest, A Clockwork Orange and poetry by Sylvia Plath, and it's about how the pressure of society can lead to self destruction. I'm about 2/3 of the way on my essay but I'm struggling to find more links between texts. My English teacher isn't supporting me as well as she should so can anyone help or give suggestions please?
Thanks in advance!

What points do you have so far? :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
What points do you have so far? :smile:

So far my points are individuals vs society and lack of free will!
Original post by amanda11almeida
Hi there!
Thanks in advance!

How about looking at rebellion? Look at how the characters actually rebel against the conformity of society? Or is that your point of individual vs society?

I've only read Nest, and not too sure about the other two though.

Quick Reply

Latest